Security beefed up in Dhansa BSF camp after Maoist attackApril 15th, 2009 - 12:22 pm ICT by ANI
Sasaram (Bihar), Apr.15 (ANI): Security has been beefed up in and around the Border Security Force (BSF) camp in Dhansa Valley in Bihar’s Rohtas District after a five-hour-long gun battle between the police and Maoist rebels on Wednesday.
Over 100 naxals stormed the BSF camp armed with automatic guns and rocket launchers, but the camp was finally secured after a counter attack that forced the rebels to flee, reports Times Now.
The attack took place between 1.40 a.m. and 7 a.m. Maoists used rocket launchers to destroy the camp that was occupied by over 70 BSF personnel who were stationed there to provide security for the first phase of polls in Rohtas District.
The encounter left at least one BSF soldier injured.
News reports quoted District, Superintendent of Police Vikas Vaibhav as saying that several Maoists were also injured in the encounter.
He confirmed that reinforcements have been sent for a combing operation.
In Patna, Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelmani said the injured soldier has been hospitalised. (ANI)
- Maoists on terror spree in Jharkhand, Bihar before polls (Lead) - Apr 15, 2009
- Another polling booth attacked by Maoists in Bihar (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Maoists blow up police station, block office in Bihar - Mar 27, 2010
- Naxals strike Jharkhand, Bihar ahead of first phase of polling - Apr 22, 2009
- Maoists blow up school in Bihar - Apr 02, 2010
- Maoist attack on BSF camp in Bihar - Apr 15, 2009
- Maoists kill six, abduct seven in Bihar (second Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Bihar Hostage Crisis: Two Maoists taken into custody - Sep 04, 2010
- Over 50 percent voting in final phase of Bihar polls (Fourth Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Two Maoists killed Chhattisgarh gunbattle (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Encounter between Naxals, security forces ends in Bihar, six killed - Aug 30, 2010
- Nearly 25 percent voting in Bihar polls (Third Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Bihar votes in final phase amid fears of Maoist violence (Second Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Body of Naxal found during Dantewada search operation - Mar 15, 2011
- Maoists luring villagers to grow poppy in Bihar - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: automatic guns, border security force, district superintendent, encounter, gun battle, maoist, maoist rebels, maoists, police headquarters, polls, reinforcements, rocket launchers, rohtas, soldier, vaibhav