Second witness testifies against KasabMay 12th, 2009 - 8:46 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 12 (ANI): The second eyewitness in the Mumbai terror attack case on Tuesday testified against Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving gunmen.
Assistant Police Inspector Sanjay Govilkar told the special court that Kasab had fired at him and API Tukaram Omble at Girgaum Chowpatty on November 26 last year.
“While Omble fell to bullets fired from AK-47 rifle by Kasab, I sustained a bullet injury in the waist,” API Govilkar told judge M L Tahaliyani.
Govilkar is the second witness who has identified Kasab in the court.
The examination of the first witness, Bhaskar Kadam, concluded on Monday.
Govilkar told special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam that he and Omble had grappled Kasab when the latter got down from a Skoda car, stopped by the police at Girgaum Chowpatty during nakabandi.
Govilkar also identified the trousers wore by Kasab on that day and the AK-47 rifle used by him to fire at police.
“This is the same AK-47 rifle which was held by Kasab on that day,” he said.
Earlier, Police Sub-Inspector Bhaskar Kadam identified the AK-47 rifle that was used by Kasab.
Kadam had seen Kasab firing from an AK-47 rifle at Assistant Sub-Inspector Tukaram Omble, who fell to the bullets. He also identified two pistols, made from a company named Nedi Frontier Arms based in Pakistan.
Kadam also identified Abu Ismail’s clothes. Ismail was with Kasab on the day of the terror attack.
Earlier, the court had charged Kasab with waging war against India. Eighty-six charges, including common and individual were framed against Kasab by the special court. He was also charged under the Explosives Act and the Arms Act. (ANI)
- Kasab said he was 21: fourth witness - May 13, 2009
- Two more eyewitnesses to be examined in Kasab case today - May 12, 2009
- Witness identifies AK-47 rifle used by Kasab - May 11, 2009
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- First witness to Mumbai attacks identifies Kasab - May 08, 2009
- He caught Kasab - only to go away forever, says family (One Year After 26/11) - Nov 21, 2009
- We'll be there, say 26/11 heroes still on duty - Nov 23, 2010
- Father's courage paid off, says braveheart Omble's daughter (Lead) - May 06, 2010
- From Colaba to Chowpatty - retracing Kasab's footsteps on 26/11 - May 03, 2010
- First witness deposes in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case - May 08, 2009
- Judge orders Kasab to behave in court - May 11, 2009
- Bust to honour cop who caught Kasab alive - May 30, 2011
- Kasab continues to be in denial mode over 26/11 - Dec 21, 2009
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- 26/11 survivors live with ugly scars and deafening silence (Three years after the 26/11 attack) - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: ajmal, ak 47 rifle, amir, bullets, chowpatty, eighty six, explosives act, frontier, gunmen, ismail, mohammad, mumbai, nikam, police inspector, public prosecutor, sanjay, terror attack, trousers, two pistols, witness