Second phase of weapon testing on Tejas is underwayMarch 4th, 2009 - 9:23 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 4 (ANI): The second phase of weapon testing on Tejas, Indias indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), is currently underway from an Air Force base in the north-western sector.
The focus of the current phase of two-week testing is safe separation and also accuracy of weapon delivery, a Defence Research and Development Organisation statement said.
The results from the tests would validate aerodynamic interference data as well as complex weapon release algorithms in different modes of release, it said.
A composite test team comprising of specialists from ADA, IAF, HAL, NAL, ADE, DGAQA and CEMILAC had been put in place at the trial location where the flight test is being conducted by the National Flight Test Centre.
Arrangements are in place for directly linking the trial location with the base telemetry station at Bangalore via INSAT and also through a secluded fiber optic channel.
With this arrangement, designers and other specialists are able to monitor in real time the activities in general and vital parameters in particular, as the trial is going on thousands of kilometers away.
Specifically for this trial, accurate upper air data is gathered at the trial location using GPS Radiosonde supplied by ISRO, it said.
The mood at ADA and other organizations involved in the trial is upbeat as the information has just come in that Tejas has scored a direct hit on the target in the first test sortie itself.
The trials are planned for two weeks duration. (ANI)
- LCA Tejas completes successful maiden flight - Apr 24, 2010
- India's new test range for weapons trials goes operational - Dec 15, 2010
- India flight tests indigenous jet engine in Moscow - Nov 04, 2010
- India to form indigenous Tejas fighter squadron by 2013 (Lead, with Images) - Jan 10, 2011
- LCA's Naval version prepares to roll out - Jun 26, 2010
- IAF flies homegrown Tejas fighter jet for operational clearance - Jan 10, 2011
- India test-flies Nishant drone with new technology - Oct 29, 2010
- Indian-made fighter plane Tejas clocks fastest speed - Dec 08, 2009
- India's fighter jet will be reality at last: Antony - Feb 02, 2010
- Second phase of weapon testing on indigenous combat jet begins - Mar 05, 2009
- Unmanned aircraft flown by DRDO at Kolar - Oct 29, 2010
- India's own first supersonic fighter Tejas to join Air Force today - Jan 10, 2011
- India's own first supersonic fighter Tejas handed to Air Force - Jan 10, 2011
- India's own fighter jet Tejas to join air force Monday - Jan 09, 2011
- Acoustic test facility set up for ISRO satellites - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: defence research, development organisation, direct hit, first test, flight test, insat, isro, lca, light combat aircraft, national flight, radiosonde, second phase, target, tejas, test centre, test team, trial location, vital parameters, weapon delivery, western sector