Second Indo-Pak Anti-Terrorism Mechanism meeting on MondayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:36 am ICT by admin
The JATM was constituted after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf met on September 16, 2006, on the sidelines of the Non-Aligned Movement Summit in Havana, to put in place a joint anti-terrorism institutional mechanism to identify and implement counter-terrorism initiatives and investigations.
India and Pakistan had agreed to exchange information about terrorism with an aim of tracking down the culprits of the past attacks and prevent incidents in future.
In March this year, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee had rubbished Islamabad’s demand, after the first meeting of the mechanism on March 6-7, that violence in Jammu and Kashmir could not be covered under the JATM as the state was ‘disputed’.
Meanwhile, a meeting of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Home Ministers will also be held here on October 25 to discuss terrorism, money laundering, drug and human trafficking.
Prior to this meeting, police chiefs from SAARC countries will meet on October 23. (ANI)
- Second round of Indo-Pak ATM talks today - Nov 14, 2007
- India, Pakistan to continue exchange of information on terror incidents - Nov 14, 2007
- India-Pakistan anti-terrorism body meets - Jun 24, 2008
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- Joint Anti-Terror Mechanism talks between India, Pak today - Oct 24, 2008
- Pakistan views talks with India as positive: Khar - Nov 11, 2011
- Pakistan, Bangladesh stay off SAARC anti-terror meet - Feb 09, 2012
- Chidambaram in Thimphu for SAARC security conference - Jul 22, 2011
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- Zardari likely to come on 'personal' visit to India (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- India, Pak foreign secretaries hold 'useful' talks,agree to carry it forward - Feb 07, 2011
- India, Pakistan agree to carry forward dialogue process (Lead, changing dateline) - Feb 07, 2011
- India, Pakistan to continue nuclear CBMs talks - Nov 14, 2007
- Chidambaram, Malik co-travellers for SAARC security conference (Roundup) - Jul 22, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: aim, babar, external affairs minister, external affairs ministry, foreign affairs ministry, human trafficking, indian delegation, institutional mechanism, international organisation, jammu and kashmir, khalid aziz, non aligned movement, pakistan, police chiefs, pranab mukherjee, president pervez musharraf, prime minister manmohan singh, saarc countries, south asian association, terrorism