Screening of 26/11 CCTV footage at Kasab trial todayJune 18th, 2009 - 1:37 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 18 (ANI): The Close Circuit Television (CCTV) footage of terrorists Ajmal Amir Kasab and Abu Ismail gunning down people at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) on November 26 last year will be screened in the special court here today.
Special public prosecutor in Mumbai terror attack case, Ujjwal Nikam has said that the CCTV footage would be screened in the presence of advocates and media personnel.
This is for the first time that CCTV footage of place of offence is being screened in the special court.
Earlier, prosecution has produced still photographs of the terror attack at CST, which were captured by a photojournalist. The court has taken 20 of the 100 photographs on record, three of them showing Kasab holding an AK-47 assault rifle and also firing with it. Four other photographs are of Kasab and fellow gunman Abu Ismail firing at people inside the rail terminus.
“The photographs are independent pieces of evidence and carry the value of an eyewitness, and therefore, is regarded as documentary evidence,” Nikam said. (ANI)
- Mumbai prosecutor Nikam demands death sentence for Kasab - May 04, 2010
- Mumbai court to hear arguments, may sentence Kasab today - May 04, 2010
- Mumbai terror attack footage to be screened in apex court - Feb 22, 2012
- Kasab gets the noose for 26/11 attack (Third Lead) - May 06, 2010
- 26/11 case: Nikam says he will challenge acquittal of co-accused - May 03, 2010
- Kasab breaks down after watching 26/11 attack photos - Jun 15, 2009
- Kasab trial: Court views CCTV footage - Oct 26, 2010
- Kasab's quantum of punishment to be decided on May 6 - May 04, 2010
- Mumbai Special Court to pronounce Kasab sentence today - May 06, 2010
- Mumbai Police to dispose off RDX after 26/11 verdict - Apr 29, 2010
- Two railway cops honoured for gallantry on 26/11 - Jan 25, 2010
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- Mumbai celebrates Kasab's death sentence with sweets - May 06, 2010
- 'Killing machine' Kasab deserves death: Nikam (Second Lead) - May 04, 2010
Tags: advocates, ak 47 assault rifle, amir, circuit television, documentary evidence, fellow, gunman, independent pieces, ismail, nikam, offence, photographs, photojournalist, presence, prosecution, public prosecutor, rail terminus, terror attack, terrorists