Scolari warns Liverpool that Chelsea are the new InvinciblesOctober 25th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 25 (ANI): Phil Scolari stoked up the pressure on Liverpool ahead of Saturdays clash, claiming his Chelsea players are good enough to emulate Arsenals Invincibles team of five years ago.
Scolari urged his players to land a pyschological blow on the only other unbeaten team in the Premier League during the top of the table showdown at Stamford Bridge.
Its possible to go unbeaten. We have potential to be the perfect team. Ive seen in this team passion and professionalism, The Sun quoted Scolari, as saying.
He said the match is the coming together of a new order in England. This is the clash of the Invincibles.
Scolari added: Liverpool are dangerous because they have a good team and good players and they have not lost a game this season. Sometimes they are in bad condition in the last five minutes but they still get a result. And that is because they play as a team. That is what I want as a team and what my team give to me.
Arsene Wengers Gunners were dubbed the Invincibles after becoming the first team since Preston in 1888-9 to go through the season without losing.
Chelsea is unbeaten in eight matches so far - but so is Liverpool. (ANI)
- Arsenal's '2004 Invincibles' won't happen again: Ferguson - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
- Arsenal's Wenger says UK Premier League title race not over - Apr 11, 2011
- Gunners move to within two points of Premier League leader Chelsea - Nov 15, 2010
- Arsenal's next four games crucial for Wenger - Jan 27, 2010
- Chelsea's Drogba says he's baffled by Arsenal scoring record - Oct 04, 2010
- Chelsea now eyeing 50 million pound swoop for Fabregas - Feb 08, 2011
- 'Consistent' Arsenal can win Premier League title: Wenger - Oct 31, 2010
- Arsenal bent on wrecking Man U's unbeaten run: Walcott - Dec 10, 2010
- Wenger believes Chelsea paid 15 per cent more for Torres - Feb 23, 2011
- Pre-season overseas tour has double edges: Wenger - May 05, 2012
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Wenger says trophy less Gunners will continue with youth policy - Apr 23, 2011
- Arsenal needs to work harder to end trophy drought: Wenger - Apr 21, 2011
- Wenger insists he has the best ever strike force - Nov 05, 2009
Tags: arsenals, clash, england, five minutes, game, gunners, invincibles, liverpool, london, match, passion, perfect team, premier league, professionalism, saturdays, stamford bridge, sun, unbeaten team