Scolari declares war on Man Us Fergie, says he wants RonaldoSeptember 20th, 2008 - 11:37 am ICT by ANI
London, Sept.20 (ANI): Chelsea and Portugal coach Phil Scolari has declared war on Manchester Uniteds Alex Ferguson through his tongue-in-cheek revelation that he wants to sign Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo. Scolaris announcement ahead of Sundays match between the two sides, is likely to ignite fireworks and infuriate Ferguson.
Maybe next season, Cristiano is with me. Tell him if he wants to change, Ill open the door for him, The Sun quoted Scolari, as saying. Both have been at loggerheads all week after Ferguson claimed that the FA favoured the Londoners by overturning John Terrys red card at Manchester City. But Big Phil hit back and showed he can play mind games too.
It is not the first time the two managers have crossed swords over Ronaldo. When Scolari was Rons Portugal manager at Euro 2008, he told the winger to follow his heart and seal a controversial switch to boyhood idols Real Madrid. Ronaldo is set to make his first start of the season for United tomorrow after recovering from ankle surgery.
Scolari added: He will leave United one day because he wont play for 50 years.
If he goes to another club, whether in one year or two years, I dont know. Hes my friend. I like him as a father likes his son. But his life is his life.
When I arrived in Portugal, Ronaldo was a kid, a young boy of 17. At that time, he had a good character. He was starting as a very good professional, but at that time he was already thinking about his future. Hes improved himself, very well, in the five or six years since Scolari said.
I have some players here who are fantastic, and Id never say they are the best. He is one of three, one of five, one of 10, Scoalri added. (ANI)
- Next three weeks crucial for Manchester United's bid for a second Treble - Feb 23, 2011
- Rooney will prove his worth very soon: Ronaldo - Oct 29, 2010
- Euro 2012: Ronaldo key for Portugal - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Rooney better than Messi and Ronaldo' - Apr 30, 2011
- Berbatov set 30-goal target, assured of long-term Man U future - Jan 29, 2011
- Ronaldo hints at Real Madrid exit - Apr 29, 2010
- Ronaldo hopes to end his career at Madrid - Sep 07, 2011
- Ronaldo feels Rooney can win the World Cup for England - Feb 14, 2010
- Fergie says he would spend 60 m pounds only on Ronaldo - May 02, 2010
- Only Man U or Chelsea can win this season's Premier League title: Nani - Dec 23, 2010
- Portugal can be a surprise, says Cristano Ronaldo - Jun 09, 2012
- Germans jittery but fully fit for Euro 2012 - Jun 08, 2012
- Ronaldo wins libel payout from The Daily Telegraph - Nov 08, 2010
- Manchester United is a one-man team: Robben - Mar 28, 2010
- Rooney still misses Ronaldo, says he is irreplaceable - Oct 24, 2009
Tags: alex ferguson, ankle surgery, boyhood, chelsea, coach phil, cristiano ronaldo, euro 2008, fireworks, good character, londoners, manchester city, manchester uniteds, mind games, phil scolari, real madrid, revelation, ronaldo, rons, tongue in cheek, winger