Scirocco Coupe bags Top Gear magazines Coveted Car of the Year awardNovember 27th, 2008 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 27 (ANI): Volkswagens sexy Scirocco Coupe has bagged Top Gear magazines Coveted Car of the Year award.
The motor, which costs less than 18,000 pounds, has beaten new Ferraris, Lamborghinis and a Rolls-Royce to take away the title, reports the Sun.
The panel of judges, including include Top Gear TV celebrities Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, praised the Scirocco as something special…fun, stylish and, above all, almost affordable.
The Vauxhall Insignia scooped the executive car award to add to its European Car of the Year title.
The dinky Toyota iQ, which goes on sale in January, was named the magazines small car of the year and the Citroen C3 Picasso took best family car award.
The Fiat 500 Abarth was voted best hot hatch prize. (ANI)
- UK's dirtiest car is the Lamboghini Murcielago - Jun 16, 2010
- Mexico complains about offensive slurs expressed on BBC's Top Gear - Feb 02, 2011
- Aditya Patel tests Audi in Germany - Dec 02, 2011
- Mexico's Ambassador Complains About Offensive Slurs On BBC's "Top Gear" - Feb 02, 2011
- Udaipur's vintage Rolls-Royce wins US trophy (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Warne to co-host Top Gear Australia - Oct 21, 2009
- "Top Gear USA" Premieres On History Channel - Nov 22, 2010
- Richard Hammond defends 'naughty' Top Gear - Feb 22, 2011
- Cruise up for more action after 50 - Dec 15, 2011
- Mexico's ambassador to UK complains of insults to his country on Top Gear - Feb 02, 2011
- 'Top Gear' stars spark religious row after dressing up in burkas - Dec 29, 2010
- A Pakistani man with a passion for toy cars - Jun 13, 2011
- Car show organized in Chennai to raise funds for cancer patients - Oct 10, 2010
- Mexican Envoy In Britain Complains To BBC About The Supposedly Offensive Slurs In Its Well-liked Program, 'Top Gear' - Feb 02, 2011
- Ghorpade signs up for Formula Pilota - May 29, 2012
Tags: best hot hatch, car of the year, citroen c3, dinky, european car of the year, executive car, fiat 500 abarth, insignia, jeremy clarkson, lamborghinis, panel of judges, picasso, richard hammond, rolls royce, scirocco, small car, top gear, tv celebrities, vauxhall, volkswagens