Scindia unveils stamp to mark Golden Jubilee Celebrations of SAILFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 10:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb. 3 (ANI): Minister of State for Communications and IT Jyotiraditya Scindia unveiled a commemorative postage stamp during the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL) on Tuesday.
Our first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru laid the foundations of these Modern Temples of India, as he fondly called them, to create a modern and vibrant India based on modern science and technology, said Jyotiraditya Scindia.
On the occasion, he also said that Indias huge human capital was once being touted to be a burden, but it has blossomed into our strength. With maximum population under 35 age group, India holds a huge competitive advantage in the area of technology.
In fact poor infrastructure could prove to be our Achilles heel in our journey of development. Good power, roads, telecom connectivity are sine qua non for sustained GDP growth. In this connection the role of SAIL has been especially laudable, said Scindia.
SAIL has understood it responsibility to the nation and committee itself through it strong vision to be a respected world class corporation and the leader in Indian steel business in quality, productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction, the Minister said.
Scindia appreciated the custom of releasing the postage stamp on different occasions saying: They (Postage stamps) are strong promotional tool and finest paper ambassadors of a country traveling far and wide, carrying the message they seek to disseminate. A study shows that six out of every ten educated person sometime or the other has been interested in philately and has been drawn to these beautiful pieces of little paper, called the postage stamp. The philatelic market is huge. It is more than 10 billion dollar industry in the world. (ANI)
- President Patil inaugurates World Philatelic Exhibition 'INDIPEX 2011' - Feb 12, 2011
- Patil opens World Philatelic Exhibition in Delhi - Feb 12, 2011
- India Post inaugurates National Philatelic Museum - Jul 11, 2011
- Stamp of khadi for philatelists at exhibition - Feb 12, 2011
- Delhiites stamp their love for philately - Feb 14, 2011
- Indian stamps released in Indonesia (With Images) - Jun 20, 2012
- India Post to print best tiger stamps by students - Dec 12, 2010
- President Patil releases commemorative postage stamp on pioneer industrialist Singhania - Dec 01, 2010
- SAIL inks pact with Japan's Kobe Steel for Durgapur plant - Jul 10, 2012
- School students take part in philately exhibition in Delhi - Dec 12, 2010
- Paswan urges steel authorities to face up to challenges - Feb 03, 2009
- Sri Lanka protests over LTTE stamps in France - Jan 03, 2012
- Srinagar gets floating post office - Aug 22, 2011
- With China on mind, India steps up Latin America diplomacy - Jul 10, 2012
- India Post releases stamps on six legendary actresses - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: achilles heel, customer satisfaction, dollar industry, educated person, gdp growth, golden jubilee celebrations, group india, indian steel, maximum population, modern science, nehru, paper ambassadors, philatelic market, philately, poor infrastructure, postage stamp, postage stamps, steel authority of india ltd, steel business, temples of india