Scarlett Keelings mum under scanner for swindling benefits in UKNovember 25th, 2008 - 3:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 25 (ANI): The mother of British teenager Scarlett Keeling, whose body was found on a beach in the resort state of Goa, is being investigated over claims that she swindled her benefits.
According to reports, Fiona MacKeown, 43, allegedly failed to declare cash from selling fruit.
MacKeown, the mum of nine, of Bradworthy, Devon, is charged in India with abandoning Scarlett, reports the Sun.
Meanwhile, an Indian court has dropped sexual assault charges against Scarletts boyfriend.
The 15-year-old girl had been staying with Julio Lobo, 27, before her death in February this year.
Her diary entries mentioning sex with Lobo led to him being charged with having unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.
Scarletts body had been found on February 19, 2008 at Anjuna beach, and a case of rape and murder was registered. (ANI)
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett case: Mother says trial could help other tourist victims seek justice - Jul 31, 2010
- Murdered Brit teen Scarlett Keeling's mum admits to benefit fraud - Mar 20, 2010
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother charged with benefit fraud: report - Nov 19, 2009
- Scarlett's boyfriend's aunts thought evil possessed him: Fiona - Jul 30, 2010
- Goa court acquits Scarlett's boyfriend - Nov 25, 2009
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarletts Email claims attempted gang rape before murder - Feb 09, 2009
- Goa rape-murder victim Scarlett Keeling's stepfather found dead in UK - Apr 17, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's lover cleared of sexual assault charges - Nov 11, 2008