Scarlett Keeling’s mother fears being murdered by Goa “drugs nexus”August 3rd, 2010 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Panaji, Aug 3(ANI): The mother of murdered British teenager Scarlett Keeling has claimed that her own life was in danger after accusing a politician of involvement in her daughter’s death.
Fiona MacKeown, 46, who was giving evidence at Goa Children’s Court, told the court that Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik led a “drugs nexus” linked to gangs behind the killing.
The body of Scarlett, 15, a resident of Bideford, Devon, was found on a beach in Anjuna, Goa, in February 2008.
“I’ve got no doubt that Scarlett was murdered by the drug mafia and political nexus,” The Sun quoted Keeling, as saying.
“I’ve been warned that Ravi Naik is the head of the drugs nexus - and to be careful because he could have me murdered,” she added.
She also accused Naik’s son Roy, Scarlett’s boyfriend Julio Lobo and local man Roy D’Souza of giving Scarlett heroin, cocaine and ecstasy on the night she died.
Samson D’Souza, 30, and Placido Carvalho, 42, the two accused, have denied their role in the culpable homicide.
The trial is expected to continue for the rest of the year. (ANI)
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- 'Probe Goa home minister's son in Scarlett case' (Lead) - Jul 29, 2010
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- Scarlett's character being maligned: Fiona - Aug 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling murder retold on 'Anjuna Beach' - Jul 02, 2011
- Drugs sold near night clubs, shacks in Goa: CBI - Nov 06, 2009
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- Goa court acquits Scarlett's boyfriend - Nov 25, 2009
- Keeling lawyer says Goa police, drug lords in cahoots - Apr 05, 2010
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- A year on, justice continues to elude Scarlett Keeling - Feb 18, 2009
- Scarlett Keeling's mother charged with benefit fraud: report - Nov 19, 2009
- Scarlett Keeling murder trial to begin on April 5 - Mar 19, 2010
Tags: anjuna goa, bideford, british teenager, carvalho, cocaine, culpable homicide, ecstasy, gangs, heroin, home minister, lobo, nexus, no doubt, placido, politician, ravi naik, samson, scarlett, son roy, souza