Scarlett Keeling murder accused released on bailSeptember 24th, 2008 - 6:57 pm ICT by ANI
Panaji, Sept.24 (ANI): A suspect in the rape and murder of a British teenager Scarlett Keeling was released on bail after investigators failed to submit charges against him, a lawyer for the Keeling family has said. Samson D”Souza is facing a number of accusations, including raping the 15-year-old and assisting in her murder.
According to The Telegraph, DSouza was freed after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) did not submit a list of charges against him. The paper quoted Vikram Varma as saying that the CBI has applied to cancel the bail and that the application should be heard in court on Friday.
Varma is representing Scarlett and her mother Fiona MacKeown.
He said: “I can confirm that D”Souza was released on bail. The CBI has moved to cancel the bail. Hopefully they will also file a charge sheet within a couple of weeks.” (ANI)
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Keeling lawyer says Goa police, drug lords in cahoots - Apr 05, 2010
- Scarlett's mother 'shocked' as murder, rape charges dropped - Oct 22, 2009
- Scarlett Keeling's mother charged with benefit fraud: report - Nov 19, 2009
- Fiona unable to come for Scarlett's April 16 hearing - Apr 15, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Spanish friend to depose in Scarlett rape case - Apr 02, 2010
- Scarlett rape, murder trial to begin - Mar 19, 2010
- Scarlett's character being maligned: Fiona - Aug 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling murder trial to begin on April 5 - Mar 19, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Goa rape-murder victim Scarlett Keeling's stepfather found dead in UK - Apr 17, 2010