SC likely to hear Kachroo murder case todayMarch 16th, 2009 - 1:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 16 (ANI): The Supreme Court is expected to hear the murder case of the first-year Medical Science student Aman Kachroo on Monday, who was mercilessly killed on March 8 at his college hostel in Himachal Pradesh.
The apex court has issued a contempt notice to Rajendra Prasad Medical College in Kangra, of which 19-year-old Kachroo was a student.
The killing has grossly violated the Supreme Court’’s directives to check ragging in educational institutions.
Four senior doctors, who had beaten Kachroo to death, have been booked under section 302 of the Indian Penal Code.
The victim’’s post-mortem report had revealed that he has sustained multiple fractures on his body due beating by the accused, who were badly drunk.
Additional Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam, will also take action against the Medical College authorities, including principal, hostel warden and manager, for contempt of the Court by not taking action on the complaint of Kachroo against a senior student.
The Prevention of the Ragging in Colleges and Institutions Bill was introduced in the Rajya Sabha in 2005. However, it is yet to become a law.
The Bill makes ragging punishable with imprisonment up to three years and a fine of Rs 25,000. (ANI)
- Dharamsala court to pronounce verdict in Kachroo murder case - Nov 11, 2010
- Dharamsala court finds all four guilty in Kachroo murder case - Nov 11, 2010
- Aman Kachroo case: Himachal HC cancels bail of all accused - Jul 28, 2010
- Convicts freed early, ragging victim's father slams system - Aug 18, 2012
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
- Supreme Court asks state govts to set up committees to prevent ragging - May 08, 2009
- Ragging accused sent to judicial custody - Aug 06, 2011
- SC issues notice to Himachal, Andhra Govt. on ragging cases - Mar 16, 2009
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts may return to college - Aug 23, 2012
- Kachroo ragging death: Justice in suspended animation - Jul 17, 2012
- Sibal launches anti-ragging portal - Jul 26, 2012
- Timeline of Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case - Nov 11, 2010
- SC suspends Kangra medical college principal over ragging death - Mar 30, 2009
- Three students held for ragging in Himachal - Aug 04, 2011
- Medical student suspended for ragging - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, college authorities, contempt notice, educational institutions, gopal, himachal pradesh, hostel, imprisonment, indian penal code, kangra, medical college, medical science, murder case, post mortem report, rajendra prasad, rajya sabha, science student, solicitor general, subramaniam