SBI considering further reduction in lending ratesFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 4:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 2 (ANI):The State Bank of India, on Monday expressed that it is considering a further reduction in the lending rates by at least 25 basic points.
This was stated by SBI Chairman O P Bhatt, who is here to visit a meeting of state-owned bankers.
The State Bank of India, country’’s top public sector lender had already reduced the benchmark PLR by 75 basic points to 12.25 percent on January 1.
Asked about the interest rate outlook, Bhatt said that there is a downward bias in the short run and added liquidity at this point is not a matter of concern. “Liquidity at this point of time is comfortable … “.
On the possibility of increase in the non-performing assets he said non-performing assets might go up both in proportion and absolute terms, with some small and medium enterprises and a few large corporates contributing to such assets.
Bhatt assured that the bank authorities will be vigilant about the increase of such assets and would be able to deal with it. (ANI)
- SBI profit more than doubles to Rs.3,751.56 crore - Aug 10, 2012
- SBI to approach Moody's for review and re-rating - May 18, 2012
- Moody's downgrades Indian banks, stocks tumble - Nov 09, 2011
- SBI expects 22 percent credit, 15 percent deposit growth (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- SBI will accelerate foreign expansion: New chief - Apr 08, 2011
- Public sector banks' NPAs rise to 2.31 percent - Aug 16, 2011
- SBI stock plunges on talk of loan to Kingfisher - Feb 22, 2012
- SBI's third quarter net profit up 15.38 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- SBI quarterly net profit nose-dives on increased provisions - May 17, 2011
- Pranab asks banks to improve asset quality - Jun 17, 2011
- SBI net profit nose-dives on increased provisions (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Sensex flat; consumer durables, auto index down (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- SBI mulls reduced interest rates for small, medium enterprises - May 29, 2012
- Sensex dips below 16,000; global cues, SBI downgrade weigh - Oct 04, 2011
- SBI hikes lending rates, EMIs to rise - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: absolute terms, authorities, bank of india, bias, corporates, feb 2, india country, interest rate outlook, january 1, liquidity, New Delhi, non performing assets, p bhatt, plr, proportion, public sector, small and medium enterprises, state bank, state bank of india