Saumya, Jigisha murder cases solved, claims Delhi PoliceMarch 24th, 2009 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 24 (ANI): Delhi Police has claimed to have solved the September 2008 murder case of TV journalist Saumya Vishwanathan with the arrest of three members of a gang.
According to sources, police found a link between Vishwanathan’’s murder and the recent murder of call-centre employee Jigisha Ghose.
Ghose, a Hewitt Associates employee, was abducted by three men near New Delhi’’s Vasant Vihar area. The abductors later killed her and withdrew money using her ATM card.
These men have now been arrested and the police have recovered a weapon that was used to kill Vishwanathan from one of them.
Ghose was attacked while returning home on the morning of March 18.
Her family filed a complaint at the Vasant Vihar police station on March 19. Faridabad Police found her body about 30 kilometers away from her house on March 20.
Vishwanathan was also found shot near the Vasant Vihar area. She was attacked while driving back from her Jhandewalan office to her Vasant Kunj residence at around 3 a.m.
Her car was found rammed into the divider on the city’’s Nelson Mandela Road. (ANI)
- Jigisha was desperate to live for aged parents: Police - Apr 09, 2009
- Soumya, Jigisha murder accused charged under MCOCA - Apr 08, 2009
- Soumya, Jigisha murder cases solved, four held - Mar 24, 2009
- Killers of Soumya, Jigisha arrested, claim police (Third Lead) - Mar 24, 2009
- Police claim to have found Soumya and Jigisha's killers (Lead) - Mar 24, 2009
- Four arrested for murders of working women in capital (Roundup) - Mar 24, 2009
- Police arrest four men, say they were behind Vishwanathan, Ghosh murders (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2009
- Policemen cooked food for Jigisha's parents - Mar 25, 2009
- Robbery motive for call-centre employee's murder - Mar 23, 2009
- Soumya, Jigisha murder cases far from over: Police - Mar 25, 2009
- Chargesheet filed in TV journalist Soumya Viswanathan murder case - Jun 22, 2009
- Charge sheet filed in journalist Soumya's murder - Jun 11, 2010
- Plea of prime accused in journalist murder case dismissed - Sep 14, 2010
- Court sends activist's death probe to crime branch (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- After Delhi murders, women advised to wear high heels, hit below belt - Apr 04, 2009
Tags: abducted, abductors, atm card, call centre, delhi police, divider, ghose, hewitt associates, kilometers, march 19, murder case, murder cases, nelson mandela, New Delhi, police station, returning home, three men, tv journalist, vasant vihar, vishwanathan