Satyananda Mishra to be new CIC ChiefDecember 14th, 2010 - 10:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 14 (ANI): Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra will be the new chief of the Central Information Commission (CIC).
61-year old Mishra will replace A N Tiwari, the present Chief Information Commissioner, whose term expires on Sunday.
It has been reported that the decision to appoint Mishra, who was former Secretary Department of Personnel and Training, was taken at a meeting of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and Union Law and Justice Minister Dr. M Veerappa Moily.
Mishra, who is a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of 1973 batch of Madhya Pradesh cadre, is likely to take charge on December 20.
A formal notification in this regard has, however, not been issued. (ANI)
- Sushma Swaraj takes CVC battle to President Patil - Sep 07, 2010
- Pradeep Kumar is next CVC: Sources (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- CVC appointment: Moily meets PM, Swaraj to file affidavit in apex court (Intro Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- Government in spot as apex court strikes down CVC appointment (Roundup) - Mar 03, 2011
- Chidambaram should quit after court verdict: Achuthanandan - Mar 03, 2011
- Apex court, BJP question CVC's appointment, Moily meets PM (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- Chaudhary new Haryana chief secretary - Apr 03, 2012
- Thomas ruling indicts PM, home minister: Lyngdoh - Mar 03, 2011
- Pradeep Kumar, IIT alumnus, is new CVC: Sources (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- P.J. Thomas resigns as CVC - Mar 03, 2011
- Pradeep Kumar sworn in as CVC - Jul 14, 2011
- Happy at being picked as CVC: Pradeep Kumar - Jul 03, 2011
- Appoint information commissioners for Kashmir, Habibullah urges Omar - Jan 21, 2010
- Government yet to finalise new RTI watchdog head - Nov 02, 2009
- Pillai opts out of CVC race - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: cic, department of personnel and training, dr manmohan singh, formal notification, indian administrative service, information commission, information commissioner, justice minister, law and justice, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, mishra, New Delhi, prime minister, regard, secretary department, sushma swaraj, veerappa