Satyam scam: Ramalinga Raju surrenders before trial courtNovember 10th, 2010 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Nov 10 (ANI): Former chairman of Satyam Computers, B Ramalinga Raju surrendered before a trial court here Wednesday.
The Supreme Court had on Tuesday rejected the petitions of the accused seeking additional time to surrender.
The apex court had on October 26 cancelled the bail of Raju and five others and had asked them to surrender before the trial court by November 10.
However, Raju had moved an application seeking extension of this deadline to surrender citing poor health.
The application did not mention as to how much time he needed to surrender. Raju had merely sought reasonable extension.
Raju, the founder of Satyam was arrested in January 2009 for one of India’s biggest corporate scams, worth more than 7000 crore.
The apex court had earlier on October 1 issued notice to Raju on a petition by the CBI seeking cancellation of his bail granted by the Andhra Pradesh High Court.Raju was granted bail by the Andhra High Court in August.The CBI believes that Raju may try to tamper with evidence against him and influence witnesses.He has been charged under various sections of the Indian Penal Code including Section 120B for criminal conspiracy, under Section 409 for breach of trust, under Section 420 for cheating, and under Section 468 and Section 471 for forgery.Andhra Pradesh Police arrested Raju and his brother Rama Raju on January 9, 2010. Nine other accused, including top company officials and auditors, were also arrested in the case. (ANI)
- Satyam fraud case: Supreme Court rejects Ramalinga Raju's plea - Nov 09, 2010
- Supreme Court cancels bail to Satyam's Raju, asks him to surrender by Nov. 8 - Oct 26, 2010
- Satyam fraud case: CBI grills Raju for three hours - Oct 05, 2010
- CBI to quiz Satyam founder Raju - Oct 04, 2010
- CBI to quiz Satyam founder Raju today - Oct 05, 2010
- Satyam fraud case: CBI seeks more time from Supreme Court - Oct 08, 2010
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- Ramalinga Raju, five others surrender before trial court - Nov 10, 2010
- Supreme Court notice to Ramalinga Raju on CBI plea - Oct 01, 2010
- Satyam Ramalinga Raju released on bail - Nov 05, 2011
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Apex court says no to Raju's plea on surrender (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Ramalinga Raju surrenders in court, back in jail (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Supreme Court cancels bail of Raju, five others (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, apex, apex court, b ramalinga raju, breach of trust, cancellation, cbi, company officials, criminal conspiracy, forgery, indian penal code, october 26, petition, petitions, poor health, rama raju, satyam computers, scams, surrenders, trial court