Sathya Saibaba suffers liver failure at Puttaparthi hospitalApril 20th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
Puttaparthi (Andhra Pradesh), Apr. 20 (ANI): Prominent religious leader Sathya Sai Baba has reportedly suffered liver failure, even as he undergoes treatment for multi-organ dysfunction at a private hospital here.
“Although his vital parameters and indices are near normal, yet the condition of his liver and intermittent episodes of low blood pressure are still a cause of worry,” Dr A N Safaya, Director, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, said in a medical bulletin in Puttaparthi on Wednesday.
He also said that the Sai Baba continues to remain on ventilation to help his lungs.
A panel of doctors are monitoring him round-the-clock and giving all the necessary treatment to keep him in a stable state of health, Dr Safaya said.
Sathya Sai Baba, 86, was hospitalised on March 28 following problems related to heart and respiration. (ANI)
- Sai Baba's condition still critical: Doctors - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition still very critical - Apr 22, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Three weeks in hospital, Sai Baba remains critical - Apr 18, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba showing slow response to treatment - Apr 13, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be critical - Apr 19, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba very critical, organs stop responding - Apr 21, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition continues to be very critical (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba gradually improving, say doctors - Apr 08, 2011
- Sai Baba's health stable - Apr 14, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition deteriorates (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba devotes pray for his recovery - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition shows signs of improvement - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: clock, doctors, intermittent episodes, liver failure, low blood pressure, lungs, medical bulletin, medical sciences, necessary treatment, organ dysfunction, private hospital, religious leader, respiration, sai baba, saibaba, sri sathya sai, sri sathya sai institute, stable state, ventilation, vital parameters