Sarah Palins look send shoe, spectacles, wigs sales soaring!September 13th, 2008 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, September 13 (ANI): Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palins style has become so popular with American women that it has prompted a surge in sales of the shoes, spectacles, and wigs needed for her ”look”. Sales of the accessories the Governor of Alaska wears have shot up, with hairstylists and wig sellers claiming that they have been flooded with requests from women wanting to look like her.
Fashion experts believe that the former beauty queens fashion sense may even rival the influence exerted by Jacqueline Kennedy’’s famous pillbox hats in the 1960s.
US wig supplier WigSalon.com has been promoting a range of Palin-style wigs and hair pieces ever since it has received a slew of requests.
The products include the 115 dollars Raquel Welch “Valentine” style, which can instantly be transformed into Palin by pinning back the upper layers, and a 45 dollars “Bargain Sarah Palin” wig in ginger brown, which is “great for partying, too”.
Naughty Monkey, the manufacturer of the red peep-toe high heels that Palin was wearing when she was introduced as John McCain’’s running mate, have revealed that their online sales on Amazon have risen 50 per cent.
Italee Optics, the US distributor of Palin’’s spectacles that come with rimless frames made by Kazuo Kawasaki, are said to have run out of supplies after orders more than quadrupled since the Republican National Convention.
“We began hearing from our authorised dealers and they wanted to stock multiple pairs of the exact same frame and style and colour that she had,” the Telegraph quoted Amy Hahn, the distributor’’s vice-president, as saying.
John Barrett, an upmarket New York hairdresser, claims to having given five customers the Palin hair-do in the past week.
“People are requesting it - it shows off the cheekbones. I can”t emphasise enough how her angled bangs (fringe) and hair colour are so beautifully executed,” he told the Wall Street Journal.
There have been predictions that sales will actually rise as Halloween gets closer. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin specs spark fashion wave in Malaysia - Oct 14, 2008
- HBO releases 1st picture of Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - Apr 28, 2011
- Katy Perry has suitcase full of wigs - Apr 15, 2012
- Sarah Palin's documentary lacks audience - Jul 26, 2011
- Sarah Palin Rejects The Request To Furnish The Keynote Speech At The CPAC - Feb 04, 2011
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Palin and Obama are setting French catwalks on fire! - Oct 04, 2008
- 'Plummeting' Palin loses another long-time admirer - Mar 24, 2011
- Ruby Rose 'reborn as blonde sex bomb for Cleo magazine' - Mar 21, 2011
- Indian designer's fashion tips for Britney Spears - Sep 13, 2012
- World's first electronic specs to make tedious bifocals history! - Apr 26, 2011
- Lawrance hair-do in 'Hunger Games' cost 18,000 pounds - Mar 21, 2012
- Finland's Merimekko seeks Indian market with bold designs - Jun 17, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- When Sarah Palin met Sarah Palin - Oct 20, 2008
Tags: amazon, angled bangs, authorised dealers, fashion experts, fashion sense, five customers, governor of alaska, jacqueline kennedy, john barrett, john mccain, kazuo kawasaki, naughty monkey, peep toe high heels, pillbox hats, rimless frames, running mate, sarah palin, valentine style, wall street journal, wigs and hair pieces