Sarah Palin gets cold vibes at Republicans postmortem meetNovember 13th, 2008 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
Miami, Nov 13 (ANI): Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who was the running mate of Republican presidential candidate John McCain in the Nov 4 poll, got cold vibes from 2012 GOP presidential hopefuls at the Republican governors summit convened to find out the reasons of the recent defeat to Democratic Barack Obama, reported the New York Daily News.
When asked if Palin was the best choice McCain could have made for a running mate, no one jumped to answer.
The paper said: As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin arrived in Florida for a Republican governors summit, there was a hint of a chill in the air from her potential rivals for the 2012 White House race.
A week after the GOP walked into the buzz, the Republican Governors Association’’s annual conference became a postmortem on what went wrong.
On Wednesday, Palin had said that she was not ruling out out a run for the White House four years from now. That is based on my philosophy that it’’s crazy to close a door before you know what’’s even open in front of you, the paper quoted her as saying.
The conference is also a showcase for upcoming Republican governors who might want a crack at the Oval Office themselves, including Minnesota’’s Tim Pawlenty, Florida’’s Charlie Crist and Louisiana’’s Bobby Jindal. (ANI)
- 'Bush thinks Palin not fit to be President' - Nov 07, 2010
- Republican lawmaker Pawlenty apologizes for cap-and-trade support - May 01, 2011
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Sarah Palin denies that her bus tour has been canceled - Jun 23, 2011
- Piper Palin alleges that the press has ruined her family vacation - Jun 03, 2011
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Palin raising cash for McCain by offering donors chance to get clicked with her - Mar 09, 2010
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Sarah Palin ruined 2008 elections for Republicans, says Bush - Nov 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin's documentary lacks audience - Jul 26, 2011
- Palin's popularity plummets to all time low even among Republican voters, finds poll - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: alaska gov, alaska governor sarah palin, barack obama, bobby jindal, charlie crist, chill in the air, governor sarah palin, john mccain, new york daily news, oval office, presidential hopefuls, republican governors association, republican presidential candidate, republican presidential candidate john mccain, running mate, sarah palin, tim pawlenty, vibes, white house race, york daily news