Sarabjit’s family to visit PakistanMarch 25th, 2008 - 9:15 pm ICT by admin
Jalandhar, Mar 25 (ANI): Dalbir Kaur, sister of Indian national Sarabjit Singh, condemned to death for his alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in 1990, today said she along with other family members would soon visit Pakistan to meet her brother and submit a fresh petition seeking clemency for him.
“Caretaker Human Rights Minister of Pakistan Ansar Burney has expressed hope that the new government may consider mercy for Sarabjit on humanitarian grounds and also extended us an invitation to visit Pakistan to enable us to meet Sarabjit”, Dalbir Kaur who was in Jalandhar to apply for passports told reporters.
Stating that the change of government in the neighbouring country had strengthened their hope for the release of Sarabjit, Kaur said she would go to the Pakistan High Commission to apply for the visas immediately after obtaining the passports.
Once in Pakistan, she would try to meet the newly sworn-in Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, Nawaz Sharif, Asif Zardari, Ansar Burney and even seek an appointment with President Parvez Musharraf, Kaur said.
Revealing her plans to meet Pakistani prisoners lodged in Amritsar jail before leaving for Pakistan, Kaur said she would also meet other Indian prisoners besides her brother in Pakistan.
Sarabjit faces death sentence for his alleged involvement in the Lahore bomb blasts. (ANI)
- Krishna assures family of Sarabjit's release (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's family meets Krishna - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's family on indefinite fast; meets Krishna (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's family elated in Punjab - Jun 26, 2012
- Have come with hopes of brother's release: Sarbjeet's sister - Jun 07, 2011
- Sarabjit to meet sister -- after 21 years - Jun 16, 2011
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Conditions favourable in Pakistan for Sarabjit's release: Sister - Jul 05, 2011
- Sarabjit's family to protest at Jantar Mantar - Jun 28, 2012
- Reopen case, allow me to prove my innocence: Sarabjit - Jun 17, 2011
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Jubilation to despair for Sarabjit's family - Jun 27, 2012
- Chisti may meet Sarabjit in Pakistan - May 11, 2012
- Will meet PM, Sonia, Rahul, says Sarabjit's sister - Jul 02, 2012
- I regret the day Surjeet Singh got released: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: ansar burney, asif zardari, bomb blasts, caretaker, clemency, death sentence, family members, gilhumanitarian grounds, human rights minister, indian prisoners, jalandhar, neighbouring country, pakistan high commission, pakistani prime minister, parvez musharraf, passports, petition, sarabjit singh, visas