Sarabjit Singhs sister meets MK Narayanan to secure his releaseMarch 10th, 2008 - 10:06 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 10 (ANI): Sister of Sarabjit Singh, who is facing death sentence awarded by the Supreme Court of Pakistan, on Monday met National Security Advisor M K Narayanan to secure her brothers release from Pakistani jail.
Dalbir Kaur, sister of Sarabjit Singh whose mercy plea was rejected by Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene into the matter.
“The Prime Minister should speak to Musharraf,” said Dalbir Kaur.
The rejection of Sarabjit’s mercy plea came close on the heels of the release of Kashmir Singh, another death row prisoner who was recently released by Pakistan.
Sarabjit has been awarded capital punishment for his alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in Pakistan in 1990.
It may be recalled that in an attempt to put a pressure on the governments of India and Pakistan, Kaur had earlier threatened self-immolation.
The Indian Government has pressed for clemency for Sarabjit, but has not made a formal request on his behalf. (ANI)
- Pakistan court seeks reply on likely pardon for Sarabjit - Jun 15, 2011
- Krishna raises Sarabjit issue with Zardari - Sep 08, 2012
- Have come with hopes of brother's release: Sarbjeet's sister - Jun 07, 2011
- Sarabjit's family meets Krishna - Jun 28, 2012
- Will meet PM, Sonia, Rahul, says Sarabjit's sister - Jul 02, 2012
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Supreme Court issues notice on Indian in Pakistani jail - May 11, 2011
- Krishna assures family of Sarabjit's release (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Fresh evidence says Sarabjit is innocent: Pakistani lawyer - Dec 06, 2010
- Pakistan to release Sarabjit Singh soon, says lawyer - Sep 07, 2012
- Sarabjit's family on indefinite fast; meets Krishna (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- I regret the day Surjeet Singh got released: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Jubilation to despair for Sarabjit's family - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family to protest at Jantar Mantar - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: bomb blasts, capital punishment, clemency, death row prisoner, death sentence, facing death, formal request, india and pakistan, indian government, manmohan, manmohan singh, narayanan, national security advisor, pakistan president pervez musharraf, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, self immolation, supreme court of pakistan