Sankararaman murder case hearing adjournedFebruary 11th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by admin
Puducherry, Feb 11 (ANI): A Sessions Court here today adjourned the hearing in Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharyas, Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the main accused, till March 14.
Out of the 24 accused, only 10 appeared before Principal District Sessions Judge D Krishnaraja. Those, who were absent, included Jayendra and Vijayendra.
The case was adjourned in view of a special leave petition by the seer pending in the apex court challenging the continuance of Tamil Nadu’s Special Public Prosecutor even after the trial was transferred to Puducherry.
Earlier, the Supreme Court had granted bail to the Sankaracharyas and shifted the case from Tamil Nadu to the Union Territory.
The Sankaracharyas and 22 other accused were charged with murder, criminal conspiracy, misleading the court by giving false information and criminal trespass.
Sankararaman, Managing Trustee of the Lord Varadaraja Perumal temple at Kancheepuram, was murdered on September 3, 2004, allegedly at the behest of the accused. (ANI)
- Shankarraman Murder Case: Five more witnesses turn hostile - Apr 22, 2010
- Sankararaman murder: Court tells police to verify tape - Feb 27, 2012
- Sankararaman murder case hearing adjourned - Nov 21, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Dec 18, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Oct 24, 2008
- Kanchi Sankaracharya denies deal with judge - Aug 26, 2011
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Aug 22, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing adjourned - Sep 24, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing adjourned - Aug 22, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Mar 14, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Sep 24, 2008
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Jun 06, 2008
- Madras High Court stays trial in Sankararaman murder case - Aug 25, 2011
- Sankararaman murder case hearing today - Feb 11, 2008
- Kanchi Shankaracharyas chargesheeted in Shankararaman case - Dec 18, 2008
Tags: apex, apex court, behest, continuance, criminal conspiracy, criminal trespass, false information, kancheepuram, murder case, perumal temple, petition, public prosecutor, seer, sessions court, supreme court, tamil nadu, trustee, union territory, varadaraja perumal, vijayendra saraswathi