Sanjay Dutt woos Muslim clerics in LucknowMarch 17th, 2009 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Mar 17 (ANI): Bollywood actor and Samajwadi Party (SP) candidate from Lucknow Sanjay Dutt sought the support of Muslim clerics.
Dutt visited a mosque and termed it as ”personal” visit.
Dutt said that he wanted Muslim clerics to pray for him so that the Supreme Court grants him permission to contest the elections.
“I would ask the Muslim clerics to pray for me, so that I get permission. I have full faith in the Supreme Court and God. And even if I don”t get the permission then also I would stay here only,” said Dutt.
Later, Dutt held talks with prominent Muslim clerics.
“Dutt has come here as a guest and being hosts, we have welcomed our guest,” said Abdul Firangi Mahli, a Muslim cleric.
In the evening, Dutt visited the National Inter-College in the city and promised to build a top-class college with all the facilities.
“With God’’s blessing, if I become a parliamentarian, then I would construct a top most college with all the facilities like cricket ground, football ground and all other facilities would be available,” said Dutt.
Dutt’’s nomination hinges on the Election Commission’’s decision to let him contest since he has been convicted to a jail term of six years in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
The SP and Congress have at present agreed to a loose seat-sharing deal on majority of seats in Uttar Pradesh.
In Uttar Pradesh, the SP and Congress will be facing the BSP and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). (ANI)
- Dutt asks Muslim clerics to pray for him - Mar 16, 2009
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Aug 31, 2011
- Maulanas ask Muslims to back Anna - Aug 22, 2011
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Lucknow - Sep 11, 2010
- Special Eid prayers planned ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 09, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt vows to work for the common man - Mar 16, 2009
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Ayodhya dispute: Ansari's move for talks welcomed - Oct 04, 2010
- India celebrates Eid -- from Kashmir to down south (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2011
- Islamic clerics weigh against music, buffets at marriages - Sep 12, 2011
- Akhilesh sworn in as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Was Nafisa hijacked by Amar from Congress fold? (Lead) - Apr 05, 2009
- Akhilesh Yadav becomes UP's youngest chief minister (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- SP distances from Siddiqui for Modi interview - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bollywood actor, bsp, cricket, election commission, football ground, hinges, hosts, inter college, jail term, mosque, mumbai blasts, muslim cleric, muslim clerics, nomination, parliamentarian, personal visit, Samajwadi Party, sanjay dutt, six years