Sanjay Dutt vows to work for the common manMarch 16th, 2009 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Mar 16 (ANI): Bollywood actor-turned-politician Sanjay Dutt has promised to work for the betterment of the people, if voted to power.
Addressing reporters after visiting a temple here, Dutt said that he would follow the footsteps of his father Sunil Dutt.
“Lucknow is my home, I will definitely work here. I am the son of Sunil and Nargis Dutt and I would work like my parents,” said Sanjay.
However, Dutt’’s nomination hinges on the Election Commission’’s decision to let him contest since he has been convicted to a jail term of six years in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
The SP and Congress have at present agreed to a loose seat-sharing deal on majority of seats in Uttar Pradesh.
In Uttar Pradesh, the SP and Congress will be facing the BSP and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). (ANI)
- Sanjay Dutt does a ''Munnabhai'' at Lucknow rally - Mar 15, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt woos Muslim clerics in Lucknow - Mar 17, 2009
- I will never return to politics: Sanjay Dutt - Jul 26, 2011
- Louise Khurshid slips to sixth position in Farrukhabad - Mar 06, 2012
- Major gains for BJP in UP urban body polls - Jul 07, 2012
- Mayawati has failed to protect women, downtrodden: BJP - Apr 02, 2011
- Mayawati files nomination for Rajya Sabha - Mar 13, 2012
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav files nomination for legislative council - Apr 12, 2012
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt charms Lucknow, promises 'Gandhigiri' (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt vows to make Lucknow a progressive City - Mar 15, 2009
- Congress game for 'secular government' in UP: Jaiswal (Interview) - Mar 05, 2012
- Gandhi charisma fading? Congress humbled in Rae Bareli, Amethi - Mar 06, 2012
- On Delhi's edge, BSP holds sway (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: actor turned politician, betterment, bharatiya janata party, bollywood actor, bsp, common man, congress, election commission, footsteps, hinges, jail term, mumbai blasts, nargis dutt, nomination, parents, sanjay dutt, six years, sunil dutt