Sanjay Dutt to appear before TADA court todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:33 am ICT by admin
Dutt has been asked to appear in court at 2:00 p.m. along with the others, who are out on interim bail.
After getting a copy of the judgment, Dutt will have to surrender before police. Then, he can move a fresh application for regular bail before the Supreme Court.
Dutt was sentenced to six years of rigorous imprisonment by a TADA Court under the Arms Act for possession of arms, including an AK-56 assault rifle at the height of the 1993 communal riots in Mumbai.
Dutt along with five other convicts were granted interim bail by the apex court on August 20.
The apex court granted bail to all the six on the condition that they will report to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office in Mumbai every week and will not abuse their grant of liberty and bail.
Dutt has already spent nearly 16 months in prison before his release on bail in 1996. (ANI)
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt may get judgment copy on Monday - Nov 14, 2007
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- CBI opposes relief for Sanjay Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt surrenders before TADA court (Lead:Sanjay Dutt) - Nov 14, 2007
- Sanjay Dutt to get TADA court judgment copy - Nov 14, 2007
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt surrenders, moved to Yerwada jail again (Lead- Sanjay Dutt) - Nov 14, 2007
- Graft case: Apex court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Third Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- No mandatory gallows for killing with illegal arms: Apex court (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Pereira surrenders, sent home (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: apex court, assault rifle, bail, cbi, central bureau of investigation, communal riots, convicts, court judgment, interim, mumbai, possession, rigorous imprisonment, sanjay dutt, surrender, tada court