Sanjay Dutt surrenders, moved to Yerwada jail again (Lead- Sanjay Dutt)November 14th, 2007 - 2:41 am ICT by admin
For Yerwada jail authorities, return of Sanjay Dutt brings a mix bag of emotions as the ‘lovable Munnabhai’ had landed some police personnel in problem after they hugged and shook their hands with the actor when he left the jail premises in August.
He had spent 22 days at the same jail before getting the interim bail by the Supreme Court on August 20.
On Saturday, Dutt failed to get his judgement copy as it was on ready. The TADA court on Saturday handed copies of judgments to 13 convicts, including 10 who have been sentenced to death.
Dutt was asked to return on Monday, along with 33 others. The judge also called 30 convicts who are in custody and the four men in the Dutt group.
Now, Dutt is likely to file a fresh application for regular bail before the apex court and also challenge the six years sentence awarded to him by the TADA court
The court granted bail to all six on the condition that they would report to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office in Mumbai every week and would not abuse their grant of liberty and bail.
Dutt has already spent nearly 16 months in prison before his release on bail in 1996. (ANI)
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- When John's reel life bore uncanny resemblance to real! - Mar 28, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt bail plea hearing today - Nov 14, 2007
- Sanjay Dutt surrenders before TADA court (Lead:Sanjay Dutt) - Nov 14, 2007
- Sanjay Dutt approaches Supreme Court with a bail plea - Nov 14, 2007
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Pereira surrenders, sent home (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- 'Biscuit King' Pillai's widow wants more compensation - Sep 05, 2011
- Karnataka BJP legislator gets bail in bribery case - Jun 05, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Apex court grants interim bail to Sukh Ram (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: apex court, assault rifle, bail, cbi, central bureau of investigation, communal riots, convicts, four men, jail authorities, judgement, judgments, mumbai, munnabhai, rigorous imprisonment, sanjay dutt, sentenced to death, six years, special court, tada court