Sanjay Dutt surrenders before TADA court (Lead:Sanjay Dutt)November 14th, 2007 - 2:40 am ICT by admin
On Saturday, Dutt failed to get his judgement copy as it was on ready. The TADA court on Saturday handed copies of judgments to 13 convicts, including 10 who have been sentenced to death.
Dutt was asked to return on Monday along with 33 others. The judge also called 30 convicts who are in custody and the four men in the Dutt group.
Now, Dutt is likely to file a fresh application for regular bail before the apex court and also challenge the six years sentence awarded to him by the TADA court
Dutt was sentenced to six years of rigorous imprisonment by a TADA court under the Arms Act for possession of arms, including an AK-56 assault rifle at the height of the 1993 communal riots in Mumbai.
Dutt along with five other convicts were granted interim bail by the apex court on August 20.
The court granted bail to all six on the condition that they would report to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office in Mumbai every week and would not abuse their grant of liberty and bail.
Dutt has already spent nearly 16 months in prison before his release on bail in 1996. (ANI)
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- Supreme Court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Pereira surrenders, sent home (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Supreme Court extends Sukh Ram's interim bail (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt surrenders, moved to Yerwada jail again (Lead- Sanjay Dutt) - Nov 14, 2007
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Karnataka BJP legislator gets bail in bribery case - Jun 05, 2012
- Apex court grants interim bail to Sukh Ram (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Biscuit King' Pillai's widow wants more compensation - Sep 05, 2011
- Supreme Court grants bail to Sanjay Dutt in 1993 Mumbai blasts case - Nov 27, 2007
Tags: apex court, assault rifle, bail, cbi, central bureau of investigation, communal riots, convicts, four men, interim, judgments, mumbai, pune, rigorous imprisonment, sanjay dutt, sentenced to death, six years, tada court