Sanjay Dutt may get judgment copy on MondayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
The TADA court today handed copies of judgments to 13 convicts, including 10 who have been sentenced to death.
After getting a copy of the judgment, Dutt will have to surrender before police.
Then, he can move a fresh application for regular bail before the Supreme Court.
Dutt was present in the court, but he did not receive his copy, as it was not ready yet.
He had been asked to appear in the court today along with the others, who are out on interim bail.
Dutt was sentenced to six years of rigorous imprisonment by a TADA court under the Arms Act for possession of arms, including an AK-56 assault rifle at the height of the 1993 communal riots in Mumbai.
Dutt along with five other convicts were granted interim bail by the apex court on August 20.
The apex court granted bail to all the six on the condition that they will report to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office in Mumbai every week and will not abuse their grant of liberty and bail.
Dutt has already spent nearly 16 months in prison before his release on bail in 1996. (ANI)
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- No mandatory gallows for killing with illegal arms: Apex court (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt to appear before TADA court today - Nov 14, 2007
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Pereira surrenders, sent home (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- Three year jail for Mumbai hit-and-run convict: Apex court (Third Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Supreme Court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Biscuit King' Pillai's widow awarded Rs.10 lakh compensation (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt surrenders before TADA court (Lead:Sanjay Dutt) - Nov 14, 2007
- CBI opposes relief for Sanjay Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: apex court, assault rifle, bail, cbi, central bureau of investigation, communal riots, convicts, interim, judgment, judgments, mumbai, number 37, possession, rigorous imprisonment, sanjay dutt, sentenced to death, tada court