Sanjay Dutt calls Mayawati ’sister’, apologizes for ‘Jhappi’ dialogueApril 22nd, 2009 - 7:32 pm ICT by ANI
Pratapgarh, Apr. 22 (ANI): Saying that the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati was just like a sister to him, Samajwadi Party General Secretary Sanjay Dutt has apologized Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister for his “Jadu ki Jhappi” remarks.
In his reply to the district magistrate and district election officer on Tuesday, Dutt apologized for the remarks and said it was a mere dialogue from his Bollywood blockbuster Munnabhai series which were used in the rally to spread a message of love in society.
Dutt added that the “Jhappi” dialogue was from a brother to a sister to strengthen the bonds.
“Even so, if the dialogue has hurt the sentiments of anyone I apologise for it”, Dutt said in his reply.
Earlier, a notice had been issued against Dutt for allegedly passing a “sexist remark” on Mayawati.
During an election rally in Pratapgarh on Saturday, Dutt offered ‘jaadu ki jhappi’ to Mayawati who, he said, could not do any developmental work in the region.
“I will give Mayawati a hug and a kiss (jaadu ki jhappi). In her governance there are taps but no water, bulbs but no electricity, and hospitals without beds,” Dutt said at an election rally in Pratapgarh on April 17, 2009.
The District Magistrate of Pratapgarh issued a notice to him for passing sexist comments against Mayawati.
Dutt played the lead protagonist in popular movie, Munna Bhai Lage Raho, which promoted the concept of “Gandhigiri.” The concept advocates Gandhian ideals like truth and non-violence in contemporary terms. (ANI)
- Munnabhai's 'Gandhigiri' puts him in trouble this timeb - Apr 18, 2009
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt charged for 'jhappi to Mayawati' remark - Apr 02, 2010
- Jhappi only for Mayawati, pappi for public, says Sanjay Dutt - Apr 24, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt in Mayawati trouble for 'jaadu ki jhappi' offer (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Notice against Sanjay Dutt for Mayawati remarks - Apr 18, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt summoned for remarks against Mayawati - Jun 25, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt booked for Mayawati remarks (Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Another FIR against Sanjay Dutt - Apr 21, 2009
- 'Munnabhai' Sanjay Dutt wins over crowds at Samajwadi Party rally - Jan 17, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt booked again for remarks against Mayawati - Apr 21, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh officials working for BSP: Amar Singh - Apr 18, 2009
- Munnabhai begins his political career with a road show in Lucknow - Jan 17, 2009
- 'Munnabhai' Sanjay Dutt wins over crowds at Samajwadi Party rally (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt charms Lucknow, promises 'Gandhigiri' (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2009
Tags: advocates, blockbuster, bonds, bulbs, chief minister, dialogue, district election, district magistrate, election officer, election rally, electricity, general secretary, governance, jadu, Mayawati, protagonist, sanjay dutt, sentiments, taps, uttar pradesh