Sangma threatens to go on a fast to end Presidents Rule in MeghalayaMarch 21st, 2009 - 6:58 pm ICT by ANI
Shillong, Mar 21 (ANI): Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader P. A. Sangma on Saturday said that he would go on a fast unto death till Presidents rule is not revoked in Meghalaya.
If Presidents Rule in the state is not revoked by Tuesday, I, along with other leaders, would go on a fast unto death from Wednesday in Delhi, Sangma told reporters here.
Earlier in the day, Sangma met Janata Dal- United (JDU) chief Sharad Yadav to seek assurances of support for the agitation.
Yadav claimed the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had imposed Presidents rule in Meghalaya for political benefit.
Meghalaya Progressive Alliance (MPA) leaders led by Sangma are here meeting leaders of various parties to garner support against the imposition of Presidents Rule, terming the step unwarranted and unprecedented. (ANI)
- Determined to contest, Sangma quits NCP (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Meghalaya CM urges coalition partners not to support Sangma - Jul 06, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation: Pawar - Jun 20, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation:, says Pawar (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Tribal Forum of India to float new party: Sangma - Jul 31, 2012
- Consensus growing in favour of Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma's exit will not impact Meghalaya unit: NCP - Jun 20, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma's tribal card draws bouquets, brickbats in Meghalaya - Jul 22, 2012
- Sangma set to float new party - Jul 30, 2012
- Meghalaya's UDP to support Sangma in presidential poll - Jul 02, 2012
- NCP demands president's rule in Meghalaya - Jun 03, 2011
- 'Sangma's resignation act of frustration' - Jun 21, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Agatha will go by UPA's presidential candidate: Sangma - May 26, 2012