Samjhota Express to run with Pakistani rackDecember 3rd, 2008 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 3 (ANI): The Samjhota Express, the train link between India and Pakistan, will run with a Pakistani rack from Monday.
Currently, the train is being run between the two countries with an Indian rack every Monday and Thursday, the Daily Times reported.
According to an agreement, the train service is run for six months with an Indian rack of bogies and engine and for the other six months with Pakistani bogies and engine.
The train service will continue to run on the existing fare.
The Samjhota Express has a seating capacity of 576 and the railway authorities introduced reservation system from March 4 last year.
The train had resumed its weekly operation after a break of two years on January 15, 2004.
The train started running between Lahore and Atari on Mondays and Thursdays from Nov 28, 2006.
The frequency of the train operation was enhanced keeping in view the increase in number of passengers in the light of a five-year agreement signed between Pakistan and Indian railway authorities in the third week of December 2003. (ANI)
- Truck falls over train, 13 trains cancelled - May 16, 2011
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Samjhota Express schedule changed - May 30, 2008
- One killed, 20 injured in Thane train collision (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Pakistan launches first luxury train - Feb 04, 2012
- Delhi Metro airport line set to commence - Feb 23, 2011
- One killed in Maharashtra train accident, probe ordered - Jul 20, 2012
- Delhi Metro airport line off to a flying start (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Railways to probe if TN express fire was accident or sabotage - Jul 30, 2012
- From railway station to airport in 20 minutes! - Feb 22, 2011
- Run trains on time, says Pakistan PM (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Swami Aseemanand to be quizzed over Samjhauta train blast - Dec 21, 2010
- Pakistani daily questions train fare hike - Mar 14, 2012
- Pakistan hikes train fares - Mar 13, 2012