Samajwadi Party wins Madhya Pradesh’s Lanjhi Assembly seatNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:22 am ICT by admin
While Samrite received 28,779 votes, Bhatere got 25,045 votes.
Samrite has been imprisoned in a case of arson and loot under the Arms Act since January 1.
The bypoll was necessitated due to the death of sitting BJP MLA Dilip Bhatere.
With Samrite’s win, the SP tally in the State Assembly would go up to eight.
It is for the first time that a non-Lodhi has been elected to Lanjhi Assembly seat, which has been held by Lodhis since 1990. (ANI)
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- Millions vote in by-polls in six states (Roundup) - Nov 30, 2011
- Trinamool wins first assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2012
- BJP set to win Karnataka assembly bypolls - May 13, 2011
- BJP wins Jabera by-poll in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 29, 2011
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- Ruling BJD wins Odisha bypoll - Dec 04, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh bypoll turns prestige issue for Congress, BJP - Jun 24, 2011
- BJP retains Purnia assembly seat in Bihar - Jun 29, 2011
- 194 nonagenarians to cast vote in Himachal bypolls - Nov 28, 2011
- Karnataka assembly bypolls Saturday - Apr 08, 2011
- Around 50 percent voting in Jharkhand bypoll - Jul 01, 2011
- Congress wins Goa's Valpoi bypoll - Oct 21, 2010
- Around 60 percent votes cast in Karnataka bypolls - Apr 09, 2011
- BJP wins in Madhya Pradesh, Bihar by-polls (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2011