Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam KhanNovember 3rd, 2010 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Nov 3 (ANI): Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has revoked the expulsion of senior leader Mohammad Azam Khan, who was expelled from the party after Lok Sabha polls last year.
It has been reported that Samajwadi Party National General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has written a letter to Azam Khan informing him about the decision of Mulayam Singh Yadav to revoke his suspension.
“I am extremely happy to inform you that SP national president Mulayam Singh Yadav has revoked your expulsion from the party. You are requested to continue to serve the party like before,” NDTV quoted Ram Gopal Yadav, as saying in the letter.
“We hope that support of a big leader like you will strengthen the party,” he added.
Azam Khan was expelled for six years for anti-party activities on May 24, capping weeks of bitter feud with the party leadership over its closeness with former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kalyan Singh and its choice of Jayaprada as the party candidate for the Rampur Lok Sabha constituency.
Azam Khan, formerly a general secretary of the party, was considered a close aide of the SP leader since his early days in politics, and had actively campaigned against Jayaprada in the Rampur constituency and made adverse comments against Amar Singh.
Khan had raised the banner of revolt against the party leadership after Jaya Prada’s candidature from Rampur was declared.
He was also peeved over Mulayam Singh Yadav’s friendship with former BJP leader Kalyan Singh, who was the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh during the 1992 Babri mosque demolition.
Azam Khan, who was a prominent Muslim face of the party, had termed Yadav’s closeness with Kalyan Singh as against the sentiments of Muslims. (ANI)
- Mulayam brings Azam Khan back into fold (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Azam Khan's expulsion revoked - Nov 03, 2010
- Samajwadi Party expels Azam Khan for six years - May 24, 2009
- Azam refuses to call ceasefire with Bukhari - Apr 10, 2012
- Cancel my son-in-law's ticket: Bukhari - Apr 06, 2012
- Akhilesh firefights as ministers, officials embarrass government (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- Bukhari, Azam Khan spew fire - Apr 07, 2012
- After Azam barb, disquiet in SP out in open (News Analysis) - Jul 26, 2012
- Bukhari calls on Mulayam, seeks more Muslim say in governance - Apr 13, 2012
- Amar Singh a part of 'history', says Mulayam Singh (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- Mulayam welcomes Azam Khan back in party fold - Dec 04, 2010
- Samajwadi workers clash with police, leaders detained (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Mulayam's real face is uncovered now: Azam Khan - Jun 06, 2009
Tags: amar singh, azam khan, babri mosque, bharatiya janata party, bitter feud, bjp leader, chief minister, jaya prada, jayaprada, kalyan singh, lok sabha polls, mulayam singh yadav, national president, ndtv, party candidate, party chief, party leadership, ram gopal, rampur, sabha constituency