Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi gets bailFebruary 13th, 2008 - 7:43 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 13 (ANI): Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi, who was arrested by Mumbai Police earlier in the day, was granted bail on surety of 10,000 rupees on Wednesday.
Azmi and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray were arrested for “promoting” enmity between groups.
Soon after the Thackeray was arrested, MNS workers went on rampage across the city. The police had to resort to baton-charge on the workers protesting outside the Vikroli Court, where Thackeray has been produced.
Protests were also reported from Nashik, Pune, Thane and Kolhapur.
Protestors were reported to have pelted stones at 30 buses in Nashik. (ANI)
- Abu Azmi, Raj Thackeray get bail - Feb 13, 2008
- Samajwadi Party men protest attack on Azmi, stone buses - Nov 09, 2009
- Samajwadi Party files complaint against Raj Thackeray - Aug 22, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- Shutdown near-total in Mumbai, most of Maharashtra (Second lead) - May 31, 2012
- Raj Thackeray attacks Maharashtra government on toll tax - Jun 12, 2012
- Maharashtra remains tense even after bail to Thackeray - Feb 13, 2008
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Azmi attacked over Hindi oath, four MNS members suspended (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2009
- Bangladeshi infiltrators behind Mumbai violence, says Raj Thackeray (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012