Samajwadi Party activists allegedly dole out money to voters in MumbaiApril 7th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 7 (ANI): Samajwadi Party activists allegedly distributed money to prospective voters in Mumbai.
There were allegations that Shahid Azmi, brother of Abu Asim Azmi reportedly doled out money during the procession. However, Azmi refuted these allegations.
“I don’t know anything. Money can’t be distributed. There is no question of distributing money,” said Abu Asim Azmi, a candidate of Samajwadi Party from Mumbai North West constituency.
In another twist, party general secretary Amar Singh said that he had been threatened by some aide of underworld gangster Chota Rajan and asked not to support Abu Azmi.
“Some Ratnesh Singh called me from unidentified number and said there is a message from ‘Nana’ that you and your colleagues won’t help Abu Azmi. If you help, you will go against ‘Guru Bhai’. It won’t be good for you. In turn, I questioned since when did Nana Patekar come to politics and Nana Patekar knows me and he can talk directly to me. He said you don’t know ‘Nana’. ‘Nana’ means Chota Rajan,” said Amar Singh.
Amar Singh demanded security for himself, Azmi, Jaya Bachchan and actor Sanjay Dutt.
Maharashtra Chief Minister’s office sources confirmed that Amar Singh had called up Chavan regarding the threat call. (ANI)
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- I submit to capable directors, otherwise I fight: Nana Patekar (Interview) - May 13, 2011
- Samajwadi Party files complaint against Raj Thackeray - Aug 22, 2012
- Maharashtra opposition slams government on Kripashankar - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Foodistan' winner wants to cook for Big B (Movie Snippets) - Mar 23, 2012
- Amar questioned, denies role in 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 22, 2011
- Whose frontman were you: BJP, Left ask Amar Singh - Sep 06, 2011
- Abu Azmi's son loses Bhiwandi East Assembly by-election to Shiv Sena - Jan 23, 2010
- Amar Singh being made scapegoat: Mohan Singh - Sep 06, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt also quits as Samajwadi Party general secretary (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2010
- Cash-for-votes: BJP feliciates Kulkarni, other accused - Nov 19, 2011
- Why should I protest? Why should Nana Patekar die? - Mar 04, 2010
- Lokpal Bill co-chair caught in CD controversy (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Compensate slain terror suspect's family, demands Samajwadi Party - Jun 11, 2012
- Amar Singh claimes life threat from Chhota Rajan aid - Apr 06, 2009
Tags: allegations, amar singh, asim, brother, colleagues, constituency, gangster, general secretary, guru bhai, jaya bachchan, maharashtra chief minister, money, nana patekar, party activists, procession, prospective voters, rajan, sanjay dutt, twist party, underworld