Salman Khan to donate his bone marrowNovember 14th, 2010 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
By Shaikh Sharik
Mumbai, Nov.14 (ANI): Bollywood actor Salman Khan has pledged to donate his bone marrow to spread awareness on stem cell donation.
Khan urged people to donate their bone marrow to save lives.
“It’s simple to donate bone marrow. You don’t have to spend money for it. I think everybody should go and donate bone marrow,” said Khan.
Bone marrow is used for transplants that are life saving for patients suffering from blood cancer, thalassemia, aplastic anemia, congenital immuno-deficiency states and other such blood related diseases.
“Do it for yourself. God forbids if you ever require bone marrow, then people who think like you will also donate bone marrow for you. So, it will be easy for you to find one,” said Khan. (ANI)
- Salman pledges bone marrow to help patients - Nov 12, 2010
- Salman Khan Pledges Bone Marrow For Marrow Donor Registry (India) - Nov 18, 2010
- Long-term pesticide exposure is harmful: STM study - Jun 20, 2012
- Stem cell transplant cheap in India, but very few centres - Jan 01, 2011
- Salman's Being Human to help create bone marrow registry (Movie snippets) - Mar 06, 2011
- Iraqi woman gets new life with bone marrow transplant in India - Sep 23, 2010
- Awareness is key to prevent thalassemia - May 06, 2012
- Sahara Hospital to start bone-marrow transplant - Sep 24, 2011
- Rihanna, 50 Cent seek bone marrow for kid - Jun 06, 2011
- Blood from stem cells likely within next decade - Oct 27, 2011
- New 'stretchy' technique generates 3 times more stem cells than usual - Oct 04, 2010
- Menstrual blood stem cells can treat many ailments - May 04, 2011
- Pak businessman is Delhi's first marrow transplant case from unrelated donor - Sep 17, 2012
- Kolkata takes first step towards preserving umbilical cord blood - Jan 21, 2009
- Mother's bone marrow could cure diseases in unborn baby - Jan 19, 2011