Salman Khan appears before court in JodhpurNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:47 am ICT by admin
On August 31, at the time of releasing him on bail, the High Court had directed Khan to personally appear at the court.
He also marked his presence before a lower court of the city hearing another case of hunting a black buck and a case under Arms Act against him.
The lower court has fixed November 23 as the next date of hearing of both the cases.
The High Court Bench admitted Khan’s revision petition and suspended the five years sentence in the poaching case.
Khan had filed the review petition against the District and Session Court’s verdict of August 24 in which the court had rejected his appeal in the Ghoda Farm Chinkara poaching case and upheld the five-year imprisonment awarded to him by the trial court.
Khan was convicted on April 10, 2006. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
Khan was found guilty of poaching the Chinkara at Ujiyala Bhakhar near Ghoda Farm in 1998 while shooting for the film “Hum Saath Saath Hain”.
The actor has been charged with poaching two Chinkaras at Ujiyala Bhakhar near Ghoda Farm.
Bollywood actors Saif Ali Khan, Satish Shah, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam Kothari have been acquitted in the case.
Salman Khan has also been sentenced to a year’s imprisonment in another poaching case at Bhawad. (ANI)
- Salman gets relief in poaching case - Feb 21, 2011
- Salman told to appear in court in poaching case (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Nawaz does a Salman, hunts protected deer in Sindh? - Mar 10, 2010
- Salman told to appear in court in poaching case - Aug 09, 2011
- Salman Khan to appear before court in Jodhpur - Nov 14, 2007
- Blood sport: 40 Chinkara gazelles killed in Pakistan - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Nawab' Saif's bad boy behaviour continues - Feb 22, 2012
- CJI to decide bench for hearing death row convict's plea - Feb 09, 2012
- Six cops get life term for custodial deaths in Maharashtra - Jul 06, 2012
- Probe ordered in poaching charge against army soldiers - Nov 25, 2011
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Apex court allows Chisty to visit Pakistan (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Rajiv Gandhi killers move court for stay of hanging - Aug 29, 2011
- Mentally ill can't be hanged, Bhullar tells apex court - Nov 09, 2011
- Pappu Yadav's bail plea rejected by apex court - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: black buck, bollywood actors, court bench, deputy registrar, high court, hum saath saath hain, imprisonment, neelam kothari, petition, poaching, saif ali khan, salman khan, satish shah, sonali bendre, tabu