Sales of Christmas trees bearing actors names soar high in KochiDecember 23rd, 2007 - 8:14 pm ICT by admin
Kochi, Dec.23 (ANI): Ahead of Christmas, Kochi markets are flooded with Christmas stars named after hit movies of Bollywood and Mollywood.
The decorative trees with themes like Om Shanti Om, Sawariya, Chak De India and also Malayalam movies like Chocolate and Rock and Roll are a big hit among the shoppers here. Kochi’s busy Broadway market is buzzing with activity with customers bargaining for dazzling Christmas stars bedecked with laces and frills living up to their scintillating filmy names.
Manufactures of these decorative stars have named them after movies to allure maximum clientele including the hardcore movie buffs.
The idea appears to have clicked well, as customers are flocking to grab the Christmas star bearing their favourite movie or actors name. It has boosted sales at the Broadway Market in Kochi.
“I have seen many beautiful decorative stars here in many colours, they are just amazing,” said Sreeram, a Chennai tourist.
Some of the stars are believed to hum tunes of the movies.
“This season, we are having many stars decorated with frills of vibrant colours, this year most of the star manufacturers have come out with decorative stars named akin to the latest hit movies like the newly released Chocolate model that is the best-seller among others and we are short of it, actor Mohanlal’s Rock-n-roll. Romeo, Om Shanti Om stars, Sawariya are the other available models,” said Vibin Cherian, a seller of Christmas items.
About two lakh decorative stars are sold in the Broadway market during Christmas. Sales have increased manifold this year owing to the innovative idea of having filmy names, he added.
A Christmas tree, Yule tree or Tannenbaum is one of the most popular traditions associated with the celebration of Christmas.
It’s normally an evergreen coniferous tree that is brought into a home or used in the open, and is decorated with Christmas lights and colourful ornaments during the days around Christmas.
An angel or star is often placed at the top of the tree, representing the host of angels or the Star of Bethlehem from the Nativity story. (ANI)
- Joyful Christmas with gifts, prayers in Mumbai - Dec 25, 2011
- Is 'Tees Maar Khan' A Copy Of 'After The Fox'? - Nov 26, 2010
- Christmas carols, cakes and gifts, it's merrymaking in Delhi! - Dec 25, 2010
- Christmas brings a wave of happiness with peace returning in Tripura - Dec 24, 2009
- Christmas tree turns out to be a 2-meter cannabis plant in Germany - Dec 09, 2010
- Mumbai celebrates Christmas with enthusiasm - Dec 25, 2010
- Christmas celebrated in Kolkata - Dec 25, 2011
- For Christmas, Kolkata truly turns city of joy - Dec 23, 2011
- World looking at us through 'Bollywood window': Writer Mushtaq Sheikh - May 29, 2012
- Deepika Stopping At Nothing To Achieve Her Goals - Aug 22, 2010
- Mughal Agra's Christian connection still strong - Dec 24, 2011
- Farah Khan's 'Tees Maar Khan' Releases, Receives Scathing Reviews - Dec 24, 2010
- UAE Hotel erects $11m Christmas tree - Dec 17, 2010
- IPL kicks off in Kolkata on a high note - Apr 11, 2011
- Will pricey cakes eat into Christmas festivities? - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: best seller, broadway market, celebration of christmas, chak de india, christmas items, christmas lights, christmas sales, christmas star, christmas stars, christmas tree, christmas trees, coniferous tree, decorative trees, laces, lakh, malayalam movies, movie buffs, om shanti om, tannenbaum, vibrant colours