Saddam was stabbed six times after execution, claims guardNovember 1st, 2008 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 1 (ANI): The body of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was stabbed six times after he was executed, according to the head guard at his tomb north of Baghdad, who was one of the people that helped bury the corpse.
The head of Saddams tribe categorically denies the claim. The Iraqi Government similarly denies any mutilation took place after the dictator was hanged on December 30, 2006, for crimes against humanity, The Times reported.
Talal Misrab, 45, is the chief guard at Saddams tomb, housed in a large hall in al-Awja, a small village north of Baghdad, where the fallen dictator spent much of his childhood.
He claimed: There were six stab wounds on his body. Misrab alleged that four of the wounds were on the former presidents front and two on his back. He also said there was an injury to his face.
The guard alleged that 300 other people witnessed the injuries when the body was buried in the early hours of the morning, the day after Saddam was killed.
Another tribesman said he had been told by Sheikh Ali al-Neda, the former head of Saddams tribe, who has since also died, that the body had stab wounds.
Mowaffak al-Rubaie, Iraqs security advisor, denied the allegation.
I oversaw the whole process from A-Z and Saddam Husseins body was not, not stabbed or mutilated and he was not humiliated before execution, he said.
Sheikh Hasan al-Neda, who is now leader of Saddams tribe, also dismissed the suggestion that anyone had interfered with the corpse.
I swear by God his body was totally intact except for a bruise on his cheek, al-Neda said. When we received the body in Baghdad, we were told that they [the Iraqi authorities] washed and wrapped it according to Islamic traditions, but we still washed him again here in Tikrit.
The circumstances of Saddams death are not in dispute, however. His execution triggered international outrage after leaked video footage revealed that he was taunted by guards who chanted Shia Muslim slogans as the noose was placed around his neck on the gallows. (ANI)
- Tomb guard who helped bury Saddams body says it had six stab wounds - Nov 02, 2008
- Iraqi legislators oppose execution of Saddam regime officials - Jul 17, 2011
- Iraq bans visits to Saddam Hussein's grave - Jan 22, 2012
- 900 bodies found in mass grave in Iraq - Jul 07, 2011
- Anti-terror official killed in Iraq blast - Sep 07, 2012
- US military hands over former headquarters to Iraq - Dec 02, 2011
- Saddam Hussein's secretary executed - Jun 07, 2012
- 800 bodies found in Iraq mass grave - Apr 15, 2011
- Iraq's head of anti-Baath committee assassinated - May 27, 2011
- Pattinson to star in Saddam Hussein movie - May 04, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- US hands over Saddam's two half-brothers to Iraq - Jul 15, 2011
- Iraq frees Saddam Hussein's interior minister - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: al neda, allegation, bruise, chief guard, crimes against humanity, former iraqi dictator, former presidents, international outrage, iraqi authorities, iraqi government, islamic traditions, mutilation, nov 1, saddam husseins body, security advisor, sheikh ali, six times, stab wounds, tribesman, video footage