Russian traveller hitch-hikes round the worldNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:53 am ICT by admin
Sergey Chikachov recently arrived in Patna from Nepal and is now on his way to Varanasi (Benaras).
“The main purpose of my expedition is to study various cultures, traditions, lifestyles, ethnic groups and languages,” said Sergey Chikov.
He is determined to visit different places of the world without spending a penny from his pocket on travelling. He has no vehicle of his own, nor has he any money for buying tickets for his travel.
Sergey narrates people about the objective of his tour and usually gets a free-ride to his next destination.
“I found him standing on the roadside. He asked for a lift and I obliged. He knew that the truck would go to Benaras (Varanasi). I understand a bit of English. He showed me his notebook through which I got to know about his intentions of travelling round the world,” said Sanjay Yadav, a truck driver.
Naveen Kumar, the Deputy General Manager of Tourism Department, saw him standing on the road in the middle of the night, Sergey was offered a lift and also accommodated at the State guest house.
“It’s a unique attempt I believe his experience would be a real one. ” said Naveen Kumar.
After exploring more and more of cultures, ethnic groups and people, Sergey hopes to pen down his travelogue one day.
Sergey claims to have travelled to China, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Nepal. He did not spend a single penny on his air tickets or other conveyance. He rested in hotels without paying any money.
Sergey has a number of passports that he acquired while visiting several countries in the last three years of globe-trotting. After India, he has plans to tour Pakistan, the United States of America and Europe to study world cultures. He hopes to finish his ’study tour’ in the next three years. (ANI)
- Foreign firms eye Indian lesbian, gay travel pie - Jan 31, 2011
- Vice President Ansari releases "Bismillah Khan: The Maestro from Benaras" - Mar 21, 2011
- Punishment drives cooperation in large groups - May 01, 2010
- Fancy driving from Delhi to Bangkok? Here's how! (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012
- Spanish-Vietnamese couple bike to India for green cause spot - Jun 03, 2011
- Malaviya's birth anniversary to be commemorated - Jan 07, 2012
- India is karmic for couple on world tour (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Aamir enjoys litti-chokha in Patna - Apr 25, 2012
- Life studies to abstraction: 60 years of Ram Kumar on canvas - Dec 15, 2010
- Sunny Deol didn't need my help: Ravi Kishan - May 14, 2012
- 82-year-old's death on Everest can't dampen 'old' climbers - May 10, 2011
- To Patna with love, from Eden bus service (Postcard from Patna) - Nov 18, 2011
- Nepal woman cyclist makes it three on the trot - Oct 08, 2011
- Indian travel firms eye growing gay tourism pie - Jul 17, 2011
Tags: conveyance, deputy general, different cultures, free rides, indonesia malaysia, malaysia singapore, mode of travel, naveen kumar, nepal, obliged, passports, patna, sergey, state guest, tourism department, traveller, travelling round the world, varanasi, world cultures, yadav