Rural health schemes benefits tribals in TripuraMarch 7th, 2009 - 3:35 pm ICT by ANI
By Pinaki Das
Agartala, Mar 7 (ANI): The implementation of various schemes in Tripura under the National Rural Health Scheme has given a reason to smile to the locals. Various health schemes under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) are being implemented with an aim to bring down the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) and Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR).
“NRHM can play a very important role in tribal areas where it is still difficult to reach medical services due to inaccessibility,” said L Darlong, Mission Director of NRHM, Tripura.
The schemes are not only trying to create an increased health awareness among the poor, but also to increase the manpower of the health department in the state.
New well equipped hospitals and health centers are also being constructed in the remote of the regions to provide instant aid to the people. Further, to spread awareness, tribals are being educated through puppet shows, road shows and folk songs.
“After implementation of these schemes, there has been rapid awareness among the remote villagers about the health facilities. Similarly there has been also infrastructure development and the latest medical equipments have also been introduced,” said Uttam Choudhury, a resident.
NRHM was launched by the Central Government in April 2005 to provide effective healthcare to rural population throughout the country with special focus on 18 states. (ANI)
- Assam records reduced maternal death ratio - Jan 29, 2012
- Assam plans food supplement for high school girls - May 24, 2012
- 'Fast-track mode work for 264 backward districts' - Apr 11, 2012
- Battling maternal deaths, Assam upgrades health workers' skills - Apr 22, 2012
- Patients slam claim on improvement in Kashmir healthcare - Dec 31, 2011
- Azad asks States to set up more medical colleges - Jan 12, 2011
- Government proposing a new National Urban Health Mission: PM - Jun 30, 2012
- Sex ratio better in villages than cities, says survey - Aug 10, 2011
- J-K to make rural service must for medicos - Mar 05, 2010
- NHRC concerned over crime against women in Assam - May 29, 2012
- Panel slams rural health scheme implementation - Mar 24, 2011
- Congress attacks UP government over health official's death - Feb 16, 2012
- 'With healthcare for all, Assam set to be a model state' - Apr 17, 2010
- ASHA scheme makes ''health for all'' possible in Punjab village - Mar 20, 2009
- Survey to check villagers' health, flagship scheme's impact - Sep 10, 2009
Tags: agartala, central government, folk songs, health awareness, health centers, health department, health facilities, health schemes, imr, infant mortality rate, infrastructure development, latest medical equipments, maternal mortality rate, mission director, national rural health, national rural health mission, nrhm, tribal areas, tribals, tripura