Ruchika’s acquaintances remember her on her 16th death anniversaryDecember 29th, 2009 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, Dec 29 (ANI): Sixteen years after Ruchika Girhotra, a promising young tennis star killed herself by drinking poison, her friends and acquaintances remembered her. Ruchika committed suicide because she was unable to face the trauma imposed on her family at the hands of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, following her molestation at his hands.
The last nineteen years have been a period of sheer agony for her family and friends.
Ruchika’s friend Aradhana remembers the time when she used to play tennis with her.
“I remember clearly we used to come to the court and play. We both would watch Monika Seles and Steffy Graph’s games. Therefore, when I come here it becomes very difficult for me. I can see her everywhere, her smiling face, her strokes, her body language. She was so active. I can’t play this game ever again,” said Aradhana.
“She used to beat me every time. Once I tried with my husband in Australia but I couldn’t. So yes, I will be living with the feelings that I shared with Ruchika for the rest of my life. It was a really ugly incident for us. It changed our outlook towards life,” she added.Aradhana, now settled in Australia, is determined to fight until Ruchika gets justice. At present, she is back to her parents place attending to Ruchika’s case.
Manju Prakash, Aradhana’s mother also deeply remembers Ruchika whom she treated like her own daughter.
“She was my daughter’s friend. I had motherly feeling towards her as her mother had died. We used to talk. I feel very sad when I remember her. She would have had her own family today,” she said. (ANI)
- Peace march in Ruchika's memory, 16 years after death - Dec 29, 2009
- We are satisfied with CBI probe in Ruchika case: Anand Prakash - Jan 15, 2010
- Rathore should get more punishment: Ruchika's friend - Dec 22, 2009
- Every girl should be safe: Ruchika's friend at candlelight vigil (Lead) - Dec 24, 2009
- We need security, says Ruchika Girhotra's family - Dec 24, 2009
- Ruchika case should be re-opened, says friend - Dec 22, 2009
- Hang Rathore, says Ruchika's father - Dec 30, 2009
- Rathore sentencing evokes outrage (Roundup) - Dec 22, 2009
- We will miss our first hero: Kaka's female fans - Jul 18, 2012
- Ruchika's friend, father join CBI investigation - Jan 16, 2010
- Ruchika's father blames Chautala, system for shielding Rathore (Lead) - Dec 24, 2009
- Soha takes piano classes, pleases mommy dearest - Apr 11, 2012
- Rathore's bail plea rejected, arrest possible any time (Lead) - Jan 08, 2010
- Court terms Rathore's crimes 'spine-chilling', rejects bail plea (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2010
- Rathore in deep trouble, Ruchika's brother files fresh charge (Roundup) - Dec 31, 2009
Tags: aradhana, body language, committed suicide, death anniversary, haryana, molestation, nineteen years, prakash, rathore, rest of my life, ruchika, s games, seles, sheer agony, sixteen years, smiling face, steffy graph, strokes, tennis star, ugly incident