RSS activists attack Maharashtra Sadan in DelhiNovember 3rd, 2008 - 7:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.3 (ANI): At least 25 people attacked the Maharashtra Sadan here over the state governments go slow in ordering the arrest of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.
Thackeray, they claimed, was responsible for the attacks on North Indians in Mumbai and in other parts of Maharashtra, and therefore, should have been detained for disturbing the peace.
Shouting slogans, the alleged activists of Rashtravadi Shiv Sena broke flower pots, glass doors and window panes at around 12:30 p.m.
Fooling security guards by entering the building in small groups, the attackers suddenly started damaging the property near the reception counter.
The protestors also raised slogans against Maharashtra government and Thackeray.
Resident Commissioner Apurva Chandra has already apprised Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil about the incident besides lodging a complaint with police. (ANI)
- Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi attacked by Shiv Sena breakaway group - Nov 03, 2008
- Elections will see communal parties losing relevance: Chavan - Feb 16, 2012
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Bal Thackeray roars at massive election rally - Feb 12, 2012
- Raj Thackeray's security guard threatens truck driver - Mar 28, 2011
- Vilasrao should resign: Maharashtra opposition - Apr 05, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to leave hospital Monday - Jul 22, 2012
- BJP, Shiv Sena meet to sort out differences - Mar 13, 2011
- Mumbai cop offers rose to Raj Thackeray, attacks police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Modi ignores Uddhav, says Raj - Sep 21, 2011
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Tie up with MNS only after Shiv Seva's nod: BJP - Mar 04, 2011
- Thousands march in Mumbai to protest violence (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Breakaway Shiv Sena faction chief arrested for Maharashtra Sadan attack (Lead) - Nov 04, 2008
- BJP chief Gadkari holds grand reception in Nagpur - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: apurva, attackers, chandra, deputy chief minister, deshmukh, disturbing the peace, flower pots, glass doors, New Delhi, protestors, reception counter, resident commissioner, sadan, security guards, shiv sena, slogans, small groups, state governments, thackeray, window panes