Rs 13,000 seized from RJD MP Shahabuddin in Siwan jailMarch 13th, 2009 - 3:33 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Mar 13 (ANI): A massive raid in the Bihar’’s Siwan Jail led to the recovery of Rs 13,000 allegedly from Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP Mohammad Shahabuddin, who is undergoing life imprisonment in a kidnapping and suspected murder case.
According to official sources, the raid conducted by a team led by Superintendent of Police Amit Jain also led to seizure of five mobile phones, ganja and perfume bottles from the bush behind ward number 21 and 24. The raid that began at 5:am is still continuing.
Shahabuddin was sentenced to life imprisonment on May 8, 2007 in connection with the kidnapping and suspected murder of CPI-ML worker Chote Lal Gupta.
Shahabuddin has been also awarded ten-year RI for making a murderous attack on the then Siwan Suprintendent of Police S K Singhal and another one-year imprisonment for threatening Zeeradei police station officer in charge.
The MP has also been given three-year jail term in a case pertaining to recovery of stolen vehicles from his Pratappur house. (ANI)
- Fresh 10-year RI sentenced to Shahabuddin - Sep 26, 2008
- Three get life term for former JNU student leader's murder - Mar 23, 2012
- Ex-MP Shahabuddin's aide arrested - Oct 09, 2011
- Mobile phones seized from former RJD MP Shahabuddin in Siwan jail - Oct 22, 2010
- Mobile phones seized from former MP in jail - Oct 22, 2010
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Shahabuddin gets another 10-year term in jail - Sep 26, 2008
- Is Nitish Kumar wooing tainted politicians for polls? - Jul 15, 2010
- Shahabuddin gets bail in arms act case - Aug 06, 2008
- Over 50,000 criminals convicted in Nitish-era Bihar - Sep 23, 2010
- Shahabuddin charged under Arms Act - May 06, 2008
- Shahabuddin's poll hopes dashed by Patna High Court - Mar 24, 2009
- Nearly 60,000, including MPs and MLAs, convicted in Bihar in 5 years - Apr 11, 2011
- Bihar takes on crime with high conviction rate - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: amit, bihar, CPI, ganja, gupta, jail term, janata, lal, life imprisonment, mobile phones, mohammad, mp, murder case, murderous attack, perfume bottles, police station, seizure, shahabuddin, singhal, superintendent