Ronnie Wood’’s alcohol problem threatened Rolling Stones tourOctober 21st, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 21 (ANI): Ronnie Wood’’s addiction for alcohol almost ended a Rolling Stones tour before it had started, according to his former manager.
The revelation has been made in a new book Fifty Tea Bags and a Bottle of Rum, written by Nick Cowan, who managed the star for 22 years.
The rocker has been in and out of rehab for his drink and drugs addiction, without properly kicking his habits - and one particular bad patch nearly put an end to the rockers” touring days.
In the book, Cowan reveals how he took Wood to a prestigious doctor to address his problem prior to one of the band’’s tours.
“He (the doctor) asked Ronnie how many units of alcohol he consumed on a regular basis. Ronnie totted it up and told him, the Sun quoted him, as saying.
“”Hmm,” said the doctor. ”Not too bad - almost within the acceptable number of units per week.” ”Per week?” said Ronnie. ”What are you talking about? Thats my daily intake.”
“His addiction became so severe he could not pass the medical for the 2003 tour and had to spend a month in a clinic in Arizona before he was fit to go touring,” he added. (ANI)
- Ronnie Wood struggling to kick the butt - Aug 31, 2012
- Rolling Stones to tour without Ronnie Wood? - Dec 21, 2009
- Ronnie Wood 'helps son through rehab' - Dec 31, 2010
- Ronnie Wood denies relationship trouble - Feb 14, 2011
- Ronnie Wood's girlfriend gives up drinking to help him stay sober - May 02, 2011
- Wood helping son in rehab - Jan 03, 2011
- Ronnie Wood had codenames for secret lovers - Oct 20, 2008
- Ronnie Wood admits he once smoked meringue by mistake - Sep 12, 2010
- Mick Jagger tells Ronnie Wood 'quit booze or be dropped from tour' - Jan 03, 2010
- Ronnie Wood removes alcohol bar from home - Aug 26, 2011
- Ronnie Wood's ex Jo feared he would 'drop dead due to drinking' - Feb 09, 2010
- Ronnie Wood 'has given up boozing' - Oct 01, 2010
- Cheryl Cole visits Harding in rehab - Nov 03, 2011
- Ronnie Wood 'wants to experience fatherhood again' - Jul 13, 2010
- Take That ban alcohol on tour - Jul 22, 2010