Ronen Sen apologises before Parliamentary Privileges CommitteeNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:02 am ICT by admin
With his apology, it is unlikely that the Committee would press any further action against him.
Sen will also appear before the Rajya Sabha Privileges Committee on November 2.
Sen’s remark to a news portal, which was published on August 20, created a furore in the Parliament.
Sen in an interview to Rediff.com had said, “It has been approved here (in Washington, DC) by the President, and there (in New Delhi) it’s been approved by the Indian cabinet. So why do you have all this running around like headless chicken, looking for a comment here or comment there, and these little storms in a tea-cup?”
However, he later apologised, and said those ‘informal’ remarks were meant to mean journalists and not the politicians.
Later, a meeting presided over by Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan took the decision to summon Sen before the Upper House’s Privileges Committee.
Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee also referred the issue to the Committee headed by Congress MP V Kishorechandra Deo after receipt of a reply by the External Affairs Ministry. (ANI)
- Ronen Sen to appear before Rajya Sabha Privileges Committee - Nov 14, 2007
- Ronen Sen tenders unqualified apology before RS Privileges Committee - Nov 14, 2007
- LS Privileges Committee recommends letting off Ronen Sen with a reprimand - Nov 16, 2007
- Parliament Privileges panels summon Ronen Sen - Nov 14, 2007
- Ronen Sen to appear before Parliamentary committee - Nov 14, 2007
- Ronen Sen to appear before Parliamentary committee tomorrow - Nov 14, 2007
- WikiLeaks: Walkout in Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha adjourned (Roundup) - Mar 22, 2011
- Discussion on cash-for-votes scam as important as Finance Bill: Jaitley - Mar 22, 2011
- Soumitra Sen accepts Lok Sabha's stand - Sep 06, 2011
- JPC set up to probe 2G spectrum, telecom policy (Roundup) - Feb 24, 2011
- Congress MP who probed cash-for-votes scam wants deeper inquiry (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Lok Sabha drops impeachment motion against Sen - Sep 05, 2011
- Lok Sabha to take up Justice Sen's impeachment Sep 5 - Aug 30, 2011
- BJP to serve breach of privilege notice against PM - Mar 21, 2011
- Political commentator Bhabani Sen Gupta dead - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: deo, deputy chairman, external affairs ministry, furore, headless chicken, indian cabinet, informal remarks, Lok Sabha, november 2, parliamentary privileges committee, rajya sabha, rediff, reply, ronen, somnath, tea cup, upper house