Ronaldinho quits Barcelona, joins AC MilanJuly 16th, 2008 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 16 (ANI): Brazilian soccer star Ronaldinho is leaving Spainish club Barcelona to play for AC Milan.
Milan said that the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year will arrive on Wednesday in Milan to get a physical and sign a contract that runs through June 30, 2011.
Milan reportedly will pay a transfer fee of 29.4 million dollars and will pay Ronaldinho 10.3 million dollars per season for three years.
Ronaldinho is expected to be unveiled as an AC Milan player today, ending Manchester City s ambitious hopes of landing the Brazilian.
Ronaldinho spent five seasons with Barcelona , where he won a Spanish league title in 2005 and 2006 and a Champions League title in 2006.
Yesterday officials were desperately trying to negotiate Milan s original offer of around 16million pounds up to the 20million pounds mark.
That would still be quite a way short of Citys bid - but it would be money in the bank and the player gone.
Sources close to the Milan directors claimed last night that an offer of around 18.5million pounds had been accepted.
Barcelona had planned to stall until the end of the week, giving Ronaldinho the ultimatum: Sign for City or begin pre-season training with us.
The transfer brings to an end a four-year spell at Barcelona that delivered two titles and the European Cup. (ANI)
- Ronaldinho signs up with Atletico Mineiro - Jun 05, 2012
- Flamengo threatens to sue Palmeiras - Jun 03, 2012
- Ronaldinho denies indiscipline charge - Jun 04, 2012
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Brazil club files $20 mn case against Ronaldinho - Jun 21, 2012
- Ronaldinho out of Brazil squad - May 12, 2012
- Paris Saint-Germain signs Brazilian defender Silva - Jul 15, 2012
- Ronaldinho 'available' for Brazil recall - Sep 01, 2012
- Ronaldinho rediscovers magic in debut for new club - Jun 10, 2012
- Ronaldinho in hot water at Flamengo - Jan 19, 2012
- Chelsea caught in bitter bribery row over Ronaldinho transfer move - Apr 02, 2010
- Ronaldinho quits Flamengo, sues club for unpaid wages - Jun 01, 2012
- Seedorf leaves Milan after a decade for Botafogo - Jul 01, 2012
- Fans want Ronaldinho out of Flamengo - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: ac milan, brazilian soccer, champions league, club barcelona, five seasons, london, manchester city, million dollars, money in the bank, pre season training, ronaldinho, soccer star, spanish league, ultimatum, world player of the year