Ron Howard was reluctant to film Obama videoDecember 2nd, 2008 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 2 (ANI): Hollywood director Ron Howard has revealed that he was reluctant to film Barack Obama video, because he was convinced that stars have no place in politics.
The Academy award director reprised his role as Opie Taylor, from The Andy Griffiths Show, and acted alongside his former Happy Days co-actor Henry Winkler for the Barack Obama video endorsement.
The Cocoon director admitted that though he was reluctant, his passion for American President-elect’’s campaign pushed him to make his foray into politics leading up to the November (08) election.
“I”m actually one of those people that thinks celebrities should be very cautious about that sort of thing, the Daily Express quoted Ron Howard, as saying.
But I felt so strong about the situation, and I had this idea that I thought could cut through the clutter.
I”m glad it was, for the most part, received in the spite in which it was given. And I”m really thrilled that the nation chose Obama, he added. (ANI)
- Henry Winkler is returning back to 'Arrested Development' - Sep 04, 2012
- "Happy Days" Actor Tom Bosley Dies At 83 - Oct 20, 2010
- Obama to hold online 2012 re-election rally on Facebook today - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian American actor Kal Penn to host Obama nomination meet - Sep 04, 2012
- Former Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty drops out of presidential race - Aug 15, 2011
- 'Happy Days' Actor Tom Bosley dead at 83 - Oct 20, 2010
- Helmet-cam Afghan war videos to be shown on BBC - Aug 20, 2012
- With hope tested, Obama seeks more time for change - Sep 07, 2012
- Obama jokes with woman over birth hospital - Mar 23, 2012
- Obama to throw first ceremonial pitch on Opening Day - Apr 04, 2010
- Restaurant owner dies after Obama visit - Jul 07, 2012
- Obama's Irish ancestry revealed in online database - Mar 15, 2011
- Hillary Clinton rules out ever running again for US President - Nov 22, 2010
- Gingrich finally calls it quits (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Don't hate Obama, defeat him: Bobby Jindal - Jun 18, 2011
Tags: academy award, american president, andy griffiths, barack obama, celebrities, clutter, cocoon, daily express, director ron howard, endorsement, foray, happy days, henry winkler, hollywood, hollywood director, opie taylor, passion, president elect, ron howard, spite