Roger Moore wrote his memoirs at dawnOctober 3rd, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, October 12 (ANI): James Bond star Sir Roger Moore has revealed that he wrote most part of his autobiography My Word Is My Bond in the early hours of the morning, as he would recall many anecdotes only in his sleep.
The actor who debuted as Bond in he Live and Let Die in 1973 often struggles to remember magical moments.
He says that he would often recall an amusing anecdote from his past in the middle of the night, but forget it by the morning.
Finally, says Sir Roger, he started getting up early every day and working on his manuscript at dawn.
“Sometimes it was easy, sometimes it wasn”t. The thing that really drove me mad was I would wake up at three in the morning with an idea and (think) ”Ah, I remember that, yes, my God, I did that” and then go back to sleep happy and content that I”d thought of something new. I”d wake up (later) and I”d forgotten completely what it was, Contactmusic quoted him as telling WENN.
“I found that writing between five and eight in the morning was the best time in the world because the phone does not ring and you have no distractions, apart from dustbin vans reversing and things like that,” he added.
Moore’’s autobiography was released in the U.K. on September 29. (ANI)
- Sir Roger Moore wants to live a simple life - Nov 05, 2009
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Lower the car AC, said Navin Nischol; then slumped and died - Mar 22, 2011
- Encounters with Husain, Pyne, Bawa...An art critic remembers (With Image) - Feb 19, 2012
- Pierce Brosnan thinks he 'never really nailed' 007 role - Apr 15, 2010
- Sir Roger Moore advises fans to learn to check own pulse - Nov 24, 2009
- Demi Moore's handle on Twitter is still 'Mrs. Kutcher' - Nov 29, 2011
- Clooney worried about less sleep - Dec 15, 2011
- He called me 'Bharat Ratna': Lata remembers Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 26, 2011
- Quaid's addiction almost cost him everything in life - Apr 13, 2011
- Sir Elton John was 'very close' to being killed by drugs - Dec 12, 2010
- Mandy Moore still amazed by Elton John video appearance - Apr 22, 2011
- Ponting quits as captain, wants Clarke to succeed him - Mar 29, 2011
- David Beckham gets new tattoo - Feb 27, 2011
- Today's children want to burst into poetry: Ruskin Bond (Interview) (With image) - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: amusing anecdote, anecdotes, autobiography, best time, dawn, distractions, dustbin, james bond star, magical moments, manuscript, memoirs, roger moore, september 29, sleep, time in the world, vans